Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Stanced Civic -> 12' Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stanced Civic -> 12' Evo X

I just picked up my new 12' Evo X GSR birthday present to my self. I just took delivery so don't have any pictures yet. Ive been learking on this forum for a while and I see no one is into the stretched tires and aggressive fitment. But, ill have to change all that

I traded in my 07 Civic Si for the evo...

my new evo before leaving the dealership

Last edited by StancedEvoX23; Jan 22, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Hey, welcome to the site. I too went from an '07 Civic Si [FA5] to a 2011 Octane Blue GSR. I started a social group for Honda to Evo owners: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/gr...evo-group.html
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade! Your Civic looks great, especially in black.

The reason you do not see many "Stanced" EVO's is because it was bred for all-around performance, and being slammed with weak tires decreases performance.

This is why a lot of the Euro scene and Honda's go for the stanced style, because they drive cars designed for the masses with a hint of mediocre performance.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by blknblubkrdude
Congrats on the upgrade! Your Civic looks great, especially in black.

The reason you do not see many "Stanced" EVO's is because it was bred for all-around performance, and being slammed with weak tires decreases performance.

This is why a lot of the Euro scene and Honda's go for the stanced style, because they drive cars designed for the masses with a hint of mediocre performance.
Thats understandable
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Don't get me wrong, I think they look cool. Make sure to keep this thread updated on your progress!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah don't slam it. Any drops over 1.5 inches are pushing most cars, including the EVO. At which point handling will go to ****.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

I had bought my IX slammed and let me tell ya it was darn embarassing having a turning radius of a semi truck. Honda to evo is always a win in my book. I personally despise the thought of the word honda and performance being in the same sentence but I am just bias to Mitsu. Grats on a fantastic upgrade and welcome to AWD, AYC, and much more
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

That's a bad *** looking civic, I my self traded in my si for my Evo , great upgrade congrats
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats on the new ride!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Do yourself a favor and really drive your Evo for a few weeks (maybe even months) before you start slamming it. Push the car to it's performance limits... I think once you see and feel what you're sacrificing in performance, you'll think twice about slamming it to the pavement and driving around on tires that barely fit your rims.

Don't get me wrong, I also like the look of an aggressively stanced car... But my Evo is way too much fun to drive to do that to it!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome! agree with others, the reason you don't see it done on Evo's is because with this particular car, it's performance first, "functional" looks later. Slamming your evo with the biggest rims and stretched tires will ruin the handling. It's your car, and the sky's the limit, but you'll see more people gutting/caging than going down the show route~ Really drive and get to know this car before you start messing with the suspension as even choosing a spring that drops you too much would do worse than a less aggressive drop spring set.

Love the look of the civic, I too came from an Integra RS and will always love the 90 to early 2000s Hondas. 2012 Honda's FTL especially the CRZ... that thing is a JOKE!

Last edited by Optiblue; Jan 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with many of the comments regarding not slamming an Evo. First of all, it absolutely will ruin the handling of the car to drop the car so low that it looks like the bodywork is dragging on the pavement. Stretched tires just mitigate the problem. Also, slamming an Evo would be like running 24" Dubs on the car. It would look horrible. Slammed cars appeal to a certain segment of the automotive world where the emphasis is on looks, not performance. For me, I bought the Evo for its tremendous all around performance and only want to do things that will enhance that. One more thing is that the Honda crowd is very different from the Evo crowd. I would say that Evo owners are generally more mature, better informed and less cliquey than Honda owners. I know this from personal experience.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:28 AM

Please dont do it....there is a reason you do not see knuckle dragging X's...because it defeats the whole purpose of what this car is made for.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:24 AM

are you guys saying this doesn't look good ?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by StancedEvoX23
are you guys saying this doesn't look good ?
Looks ok, but the function of having an amazing handling car just went directly down the sh!tter

Quick Reply: Stanced Civic -> 12' Evo X