Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

What you guys think 04 evo 8 salvage value?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What you guys think 04 evo 8 salvage value?

Hello everyone, my name is chino. A new forum member and i would like to seek some professional advice coming from you guys. So here it is:

What do you guys think of this evo8 rs that is salvage with approximately 30kmiles

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2818438018.html

I am pretty sure that i need to run a carfax for this car if ever, what else do i need to inspect so i could tell my mechanic to focus on.

Need some advice guys! Bay area eye ball anyone?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 09:02 PM

Good luck
Old Feb 4, 2012, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

I would not be paying 13k for a pretty much stock salvage car.. talk him down
Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:14 AM

thinking about between the range of 8-10k
Old Feb 5, 2012, 01:25 AM

Typical! As soon as people hear salvage they freak out. Its easy to say NO! SALVAGE! How about some real advice if your going to say no or not worth it have something backing it up and references would be great. Same goes for yes.

I got my 2006 GSR evo 9 with 40k on the odom. Salvage title was due to theft. It was missing a spoiler, front lip, both front seats and a few minor plastic pieces around the dashboard including radio. I got all parts including two very hard to find front evo 9 seats for a great deal. Oh and I live in Sacramento so I guess you can consider it close to bay area.

Here is my 2 cents

Pros
Cheaper
Low miles (less things to go wrong)
2k in upgrades
Vehicle damage was to the rear (less mechanics in rear then front)

Cons
No financing for salvage vehicles
Salvage vehicles warranties are voided
Need to check quality of work done

Okay, so the one your looking at is an evo 8 with 28k. The guy says he has done some work to the exhaust, intake and trany. He says hes got receipts and the total value is 2k in upgrades. Confirm the receipts and if you can get the guy to go down 1000 or even 500 then that would be a good deal. Test drive it and have a mechanic inspect it before making the purchase. Especially the rear. But I think you ALMOST have a good deal here.

Don't be afraid to bargain. Remember.... You can't get financing for it so nobody else can. That means you have to come up with at least 13k. Economy isn't that good right now. So the guy isn't gonna get too many buyers to have 13k in the bank so bargain him down if you got that kinda cash. Same reason why homes are sold cheaper with cash then financing.

Hope this help out somewhat on your decision.
Attached Thumbnails What you guys think 04 evo 8 salvage value?-7833828_2_i.jpg   What you guys think 04 evo 8 salvage value?-7833828_5_i-interior.jpg  
Old Feb 5, 2012, 02:03 AM

A great deal would be 10.5 or 11 though.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 02:09 PM

Quicks916, thank you so much! Well explained and i learned a lot from you. Thank you again. Now, my problem is i don't have the money. I only have 5k to spend and i need 4-5k more to purchase the car since i will bargain him with my price that i want. I was thinking about to do an auto loan or personal loan from a credit union since they have the lowest apr compared to banks.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:35 AM

Re loan

Yeah I would recommend a personal loan. Don't even bother with the auto loan because at the bank they will ask for a vin # and they carfax all the cars before they issue a loan. Carfax will come up with a salvage title and they won't want to do the auto loan. Auto loan would be a dead end. When you request a personal loan they will request the reason for it and I would simply tell them its for personal uses. Good luck and I hope you get your evo.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:43 AM

Yeah I personally like golden one credit union they usually have very good rates on loans. Their customer services is great too. Well at least the one that I did my loan with.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:33 AM

great deal would of been 7-9k for a salvaged evo... does it say SALVAGE across the title or just a S under prefix?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 02:47 AM

personal loan would be the answer, but one of my friend said there is a credit union that allows you do a auto loan even the car itself is salvaged. Weird but im lookin in to it since personal loan has a very high apr, checked chase earlier and it was way lower than most credit unions.