Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How many members still have the 1st yr production model (2008) ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 40K on mine and the only problems I have had with the car are due to modifications. I have no timing stretch yet. I did have the t case replaced due to my first downpipe sitting to close to it. I have had some problems with CEL's, misfires, and similar issues but nothing a good tune couldn't take care of. I am currently switching from a FP Red that blew to a GTX3076, I get tuned on Monday, very anxious to see what she does!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

78,000 miles. No timing chain issue, stock clutch. All expenses have been mods and maintenance.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:28 AM

61k miles here. Got cracked #4 piston. Turbo seal was leaking. Possible caused by tune issue. Been on track a lot since I got it (maybe more than 15 days).
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

8k on the car, about 3k on the engine. Owned it for about a year and a half. Main issue =it likes my money too much.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:16 AM

08 ww 34k no broblems just did my tranny/tranfer case fluid changes, only thing that bothers me are the staples on the recaro seats. Still stock clutch and still strong with a couple of launches
Old Feb 9, 2012, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
47628 miles. My driver side Recaro blows with the staple issue but I plan on fixing it this year and maybe hopefully get some Status Racing seats sometime down the line. I haven't had no real issues with my car, its been a good lil ride!!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 02:47 PM

08 Evo X MR with 12k miles. Only had it for two weeks, but no problems
Old Feb 9, 2012, 06:34 PM

49K miles, replaced the OEM battery and had a vacuum leak, but other than that everythings original. I drive on hilly roads with many 4-way stops, occassionally stop and go traffic, have taught two friends how to drive stick on it (not recommended), and haven't had a clutch issue. People who are having clutch issues early on must be beating the hell out of it on a regular basis.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:06 AM

I've owned my 2008 GSR since February 2009. I bought it brand new with 20miles on the odometer. It now has 61k on the odometer. Chain is in unknown condition, but I have not received the chain stretch code ever.

This car was a nightmare to own when I first bought it

I've kept a lot of my experiences off the forum because of all the strife I've had to deal with from Mitsubishi getting justified warranty service (most of it probably due to the dealer). But now that it is out of warranty I'd like to share that my experience with the Evo X has been less than stellar.

In order of occurance:
  • Battery dead on delivery, dealer just let it sit on lot even though they already had a TSB to replace batteries. I didn't test drive the car I ended up buying because they were trying to sell me a Phantom Black GSR w/SSS and all the other bells and whistles that I didn't want. They ended up replacing the battery with the Optima Red top specified by the TSB, but they made it sound like they were doing me a favor and blah blah blah.
  • Hood cable rusted shut on dealer lot, dealer promised to call back when they had the part, but apparently forgot once I signed all the papers and took the car they never called back. Ended up spending the $40 to buy a new cable and replace it myself because it was less stressful than letting the dealer handle it.
  • Spun Rod bearing, bone stock car, no mods (honest truth), 3k miles. Only thing I ever touched on the car was replacing the hood latch cable with another OEM unit. Had the car towed to the dealer I bought it from using road side assistance, they proceeded to claim it was my fault and the car was abused. Had to wait at least a week for Mitsu rep just to look at the car and authorize warranty repair. After the work was authorized, the dealer told me I abused the clutch and that it needed to be replaced. I basically told them I am no idiot, it drove fine before the engine broke and to put the clutch back in as is and I would deal with it when it really goes out. Got the car back after 37 days in the dealer service department. 60k miles later still riding around on the stock clutch....
  • I had the car tuned by a local shop after carefully breaking in the second engine. They found out my boost solenoids had been hooked up wrong by the Mitsubishi dealer tech who put the engine back together. Only making wastegate boost.
  • Still have an oil leak, even though it has been fixed once under warranty.

After 60k miles, I finally understand the love hate relationship some people have with this car. It was rocky at first, but I stuck it out. I have carefully modded, tuned (started self tuning after the first "pro tune", once I realized it wouldn't be economical to keep getting re-tunes and that I could do a better job), and maintained this car and it definitely rewards the driver in the performance department.

I daily drive it and autocross it regularly and it has been a great upgrade from my Mopar Stage 3 SRT-4 for autocrossing, but not as good for normal street and highway driving. Looking to get a new 2013 Mustang GT with track package in 6-12 months, but I am going to keep the Evo X as an autocross toy.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Just hit 27k miles. Stock clutch (still feels great), no timing chain issue, new brake pads and tires. I'm modded as well as you can see below in my sidnature. No issues what so ever.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:31 AM

'08 MR that has 11,500 miles on it. Everything stock and no issues. I have no idea about the timing chain stretch but I've had no problems/codes.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

19,000 miles. Only real problem was the timing chain cover tsb.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

'08 GSR here, with a tad over 45k miles now. Timing [edit]CHAIN condition is unknown, but no CEL or errors thus far. Here in WI, it gets blistering cold, so my AYC pump died around 30k miles. Dealer replaced it under warranty for free, though. All other maintenance was done on schedule, no issues here. Stock clutch too, with a few bolt on mods. Daily driven 5 days a week.

Last edited by Finest; Feb 13, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:40 PM

08 MR, ~24k, no mods except AP, no issues at all other than routine maintenance. Going in for brake pads soon and fluids flush
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:35 PM

33K miles here and their isnt really any problems besides the rear differential sweating a little bit looks like its leaking a tiny bit thru the middle gasket not the retainers.. besides that the car is perfect.. just the normal evo x notchy tranny and so on.. But maybe thats how the tranny is on evos.. its my first one..

Quick Reply: How many members still have the 1st yr production model (2008) ?