Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

im done. lol

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It took me roughly 8 months to find my 9. Luckily it didn't have much done to it. You just have to be patient because like others have said, a lot of 8/9s are just thrown together poorly and re-sold.

They are out there. As soon as I am able to get my GTR some lucky SOB is going to get my 9...so just be patient.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 447 Likes on 382 Posts
Took me 1 month, had inspectmyride visit 2 cars total all out of state.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by deadstockkpomp
i keep looking up carfaxes on evos and they are all turning up with way more miles than the seller says, accidents and all sorts of bs wtf.... should i go to nasioc, idk at this point im wasting money on carfaxes and getting no where all im trying to do is buy a nice car.
Thats just how it is. Ofcourse its going to be difficult to find a low mileage, good condition, no BS EVO 8 or 9. In my area it is almost impossible to even find a good condition used X. One of the reasons why I bought mine new. It took me about an hour to purchase it from the dealership. Like others have recommended, your going to need to expand the search. There out there. But few in numbers.

Originally Posted by barneyb
I own an '03. In six months the 2013 models will be out - that's 10 years.
There making a 2013 EVO?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:08 PM

You have to know where to look and be willing to drop some coin. I had someone interested in my X monday the 13th, had a check in my bank by wed the 15th and by some stroke of a luck a recently mildly modified MINT condition IX SE with only 25k original miles showed up on these forums thursday morn the 16th. I hopped on it and I went to get it in MD this past saturday. The deals do exist and maybe my experience isnt typical but be prepared to wait. Luckily all in one week I sold my X and found this great TB IX. Keep looking and if you want one bad enough you wont let it stop you.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:11 PM

Good luck... There all good cars
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by importunerdj
where are you from on the island?

you can find a lot of nice good condition evos. don't just like around a 30 mile vicinity. i would find it very hard to buy another car in NY unless it was new or i personally new the owner.

look around in maryland or PA. Even Florida! somewhere you know theres not a pothole every corner.
greatkills
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeror32
You have to know where to look and be willing to drop some coin. I had someone interested in my X monday the 13th, had a check in my bank by wed the 15th and by some stroke of a luck a recently mildly modified MINT condition IX SE with only 25k original miles showed up on these forums thursday morn the 16th. I hopped on it and I went to get it in MD this past saturday. The deals do exist and maybe my experience isnt typical but be prepared to wait. Luckily all in one week I sold my X and found this great TB IX. Keep looking and if you want one bad enough you wont let it stop you.
yea ive been wanting one for so long i want one so bad. and is the car sushiis ?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

How much are you wiling to purchase one for?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

it took me lots of searching to find a stock, clean title 9 with about 50k miles for the price i wanted. and it was still expensive. then it took longer to find another one because they sold 2 days after the ad was placed. then i had to stay up all night(not that big of a deal) while my family members drove 600 miles to get the car for me cause im stationed in Korea. then i had to wait another 2 months to come home and drive it. and you know what. IT WAS WORTH IT. so quit complaining and acting like a little boy. or go get a civic.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

I try to buy southern cars whenever possible. Since I'm technically in the south, that usually means I don't have to travel as far. But if you are trying to get a good deal, you either have to be willing to travel or to ship. Very rarely will a good deal fall into your lap locally.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

go south and plan to take 6 months. haste makes waste.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by importunerdj
where are you from on the island?

you can find a lot of nice good condition evos. don't just like around a 30 mile vicinity. i would find it very hard to buy another car in NY unless it was new or i personally new the owner.

look around in maryland or PA. Even Florida! somewhere you know theres not a pothole every corner.
I don't know what part of PA you are familiar with, but where I live is pothole hell, the roads are crap and maintenance is nearly zero.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:58 PM

I'm going through the very same process as well and it is tiresome, however I've met a great deal of cool people. I recommend looking further than a 30 mile radius. I'm from Philly and i've been looking out to chicago and all the way down to Florida. A Chi town road trip might be fun and if you find a car in florida this time of year shipping is DIRT cheap thanks to all the oldies shipping their cars back up north for the spring. I do work in the car industry so my carfax's are free tho.......

Either way - its a tough process, but i've heard from many people who've done it that its worth it in the end.

Food for thought: I'm currently in an 09 STI that I absolutely can't believe I bought. I'm in it right so I'll have no problem getting out of it and breaking even but geez, even the 05 Evo VIII's feel like a much higher quality vehicle than my beer can thats 4 years newer...and it has touchscreen Nav!

>
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

had to go all the way from Ohio to NC to find mine. Found a totally stock 9 MR with a clean carfax, no rust at all, and no damage of any kind. Had the hood and front bumper repainted to fill in rock chips but that's it. Only took me a month to find, I just got lucky. I got mine through a used car dealer so all the info was accurate. You gotta remember that if you purchase through a private party most will still be driving the car while it's for sale, so if it takes a while to sell it will probably have a lot more miles on it than when the ad was placed
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for all the replies guys but i think i finally found an honest seller that i will be buying from soon.

Quick Reply: im done. lol