Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Apollo beach/tampa, fl evo's!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Apollo beach/tampa, fl evo's!

Hey Guys! (And girls if any own an evo)

I just moved to the Apollo Beach/Tampa, FL area and am just wondering who in the area has an Evo? I'm willing to meet Evo owners in and out of the area since there were basically only three evo's in Syracuse, NY. (Okay so they may of been more but I only knew of mine and 2 others from our late-night hang out.)

No, this is not a "Poor-poor-pitiful-me" sad story about me not having any friends. I just got released off disability and am jobless, have issues with my Evo8 and know absolutely no one... and I miss cruising around with other evo's the most. I'll roll with anyone but nothing beats 2-3 evo's deep rolling down the highway/street together and seeing the looks on people's faces.

My Evo is stock, bought it in "good" condition and now it's turned into a restore project from hell. Don't get me wrong, I love my Evo and will never trade her for anything else. All she has done to it is the Megan Racing Coilovers and Espilar Turbo exhaust.
(For those of you in the area... I drive the debaged red evo8 with the white rims.)

I blew up the Catalytic Converter August 25, 2011 and have been chasing issues since. I have a new cat clamped on for right now, and now just discovered the gasket missing in my exhaust, and either my rear o2 sensor, coil packs, or Idle Air Control Valve has **** the bed. It was a very rough idle. When I figure out how to post a video of it sitting idle i'll post it. It helps if you clean the IACV, but it still misfires horribly and the spark plugs are brand new. Engine light cant decide to stay on or stay off...so much fun.

If anyone wants to meet up or could possibly have an estimate on what could possibly be busted on the engine, please help me out, I would really appreciate this. I'm not new around cars...I've learned a lot so far about the 4g63 set up... it just hard when you're clueless and know nobody.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:44 PM

I love the car and you def know more about them than I do. I am in the process of looking for one now. I want to get an X or if not possible then a IX. I just moved here 19 months ago from NYC so we are both pretty far from home. I live in St. Pete and we should def hang out once I get my car. Only girl I knew that knew anything about cars was my ex and she is psycho!!!!!!!!! My Girl now couldn't care less but she does like them and my daughter is 15months and just likes anything red lol.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by IneedanEVOx
I love the car and you def know more about them than I do. I am in the process of looking for one now. I want to get an X or if not possible then a IX. I just moved here 19 months ago from NYC so we are both pretty far from home. I live in St. Pete and we should def hang out once I get my car. Only girl I knew that knew anything about cars was my ex and she is psycho!!!!!!!!! My Girl now couldn't care less but she does like them and my daughter is 15months and just likes anything red lol.
Yes I agree! If you wanted to we could even hang out before you get your evo. Once I get mine running we can go cruising or something haha. You have a facebook or something?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hit these guys up... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/so...a-threads.html They are always cruisin and hangin.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by tiggeryellow1
Hit these guys up... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/so...a-threads.html They are always cruisin and hangin.
Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

And as far as your maintenance request goes... hit up Mark @ Bold Performance located at 6002 Bonacker Drive in Tampa. He's a real good dude and knows his stuff. Their # is 813-503-1034. Or you can try Tampa Bay Tuning at 813-469-9110, now I have never personally dealt with em but I have heard good things about em especially their tuner Omar though I can't personally vouch for em. Good Luck!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:54 PM

And as far as your maintenance request goes... hit up Mark @ Bold Performance located at 6002 Bonacker Drive in Tampa. He's a real good dude and knows his stuff. Their # is 813-503-1034. Or you can try Tampa Bay Tuning at 813-469-9110, now I have never personally dealt with em but I have heard good things about em especially their tuner Omar though I can't personally vouch for em. Good Luck!
Thanks! I'll be sure to contact both shops to see whats going on. I have my brother in law mailing me his machine that scans and tunes cars but its not here yet. I know its either the Idle Air Control Valve or the Coil Packs, which are both a $400 fix for factory packs OR Skunk2 Throttle Body with new sensor.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:10 PM

Welcome, if you ever in orlando, theres a couple of evo owners here.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jbaker0524
Thanks! I'll be sure to contact both shops to see whats going on. I have my brother in law mailing me his machine that scans and tunes cars but its not here yet. I know its either the Idle Air Control Valve or the Coil Packs, which are both a $400 fix for factory packs OR Skunk2 Throttle Body with new sensor.
What machine? Are you familiar with EvoScan?? Do you have any CEL's???
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:53 PM

What machine? Are you familiar with EvoScan?? Do you have any CEL's???
not sure what machine it is. My brother in law works on tuner cars in Alaska (knows his **** from what he's helped me with over the phone.) He cant make it here to help me test my sensors and other ****. Its a $4000 scanner/tuner, unfortunatly I dont know what the machine's brand is.

Please fill me in on EvoScan?? (...newbie alert)
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bolivian_Evo
Welcome, if you ever in orlando, theres a couple of evo owners here.
Hey Thanks I'll remember that when I head down that way for the amusement parks!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jbaker0524
not sure what machine it is. My brother in law works on tuner cars in Alaska (knows his **** from what he's helped me with over the phone.) He cant make it here to help me test my sensors and other ****. Its a $4000 scanner/tuner, unfortunatly I dont know what the machine's brand is.

Please fill me in on EvoScan?? (...newbie alert)
Oh Brother ... Are you computer savvy? I hope so because you are gonna have to spend some money on a tactrix-1.3 cable so you can plug into your ECU thru your OBD-II port that is located under you dash(In case you were wondering or didn't know). From there you will plug into your notebook, open EvoScan and do some diagnostic logs.

Here are 3 links you REALLY NEED to read in order to learn some basics about your car:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-dummies.html (Evo Basics)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post9076813 (ECU Flash)
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...2hKPJ3tR_S-O6Q (EvoScan Official Tutorial)

You're Welcome

Last edited by tiggeryellow1; Mar 15, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:06 AM

Oh Brother ... Are you computer savvy? I hope so because you are gonna have to spend some money on a tactrix-1.3 cable so you can plug into your ECU thru your OBD-II port that is located under you dash(In case you were wondering or didn't know). From there you will plug into your notebook, open EvoScan and do some diagnostic logs.

Here are 3 links you REALLY NEED to read in order to learn some basics about your car:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-dummies.html (Evo Basics)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post9076813 (ECU Flash)
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...2hKPJ3tR_S-O6Q (EvoScan Official Tutorial)

You're Welcome

yeah the spot for the OBDII is a no-brainer. I HAVE tuned and checked cars before (Used to own a mid-high 12sec Grand Prix) so I do know how to use a computer/OBDII reader. Talked to a friend of mine and he used EvoScan on mine before. If that's what it was (Which it is) then I know how to use that system and just need to get the stuff for it.

I may be a "Newbie" but it's MY first Evo, and I'm not as stupid as it seems. I grew up working on and racing cars since I could stand up. Was trained for Dirt Circuits and Drag Strips. I'm not doing too bad and I wish ppl would see that...

Last edited by Jbaker0524; Mar 16, 2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:29 AM

lol

Last edited by Jbaker0524; Mar 16, 2012 at 02:36 AM.