Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

buying an evolution

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you like to drive with low end torque or boost, do you know the difference, what have you driven? where do you want the power band, do you like AWD or RWD? this isn't just a throw 1000$ at it and we're comparing apples to apples....
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageGSR
What do you like to drive with low end torque or boost, do you know the difference, what have you driven? where do you want the power band, do you like AWD or RWD? this isn't just a throw 1000$ at it and we're comparing apples to apples....

Hate to say it, but even with your help, I doubt he'll understand. The OP Sounds like a kid who just wants to go faster then his friends. Speed seems to be the only thing he's worried about and he's not listening to much else.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

I was trying to save him before we had some more aggressive members tear him up, but i can't even get answers or direction from the dude... I got some patients but if he doesn't start helping himself, i'd agree with ya, just not gonna be able to help if all he wants to do is act like slicks in the rain...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

think the best answer for this guy is go test drive em... seeing as you're not interested in the real facts and details, go drive em, pick one...Good luck
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

You have got to be kidding, Your on an Evo Forum, Buy an EVO!!!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:26 AM

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

12.3 by motor trend...

you seem like your "young"... Your not giving any information. Your only requirement seems to be that its fast and now adding "comfortable" (this is a personal thing, can't help ya much, need a better term, I love the Recaro seats but some don't, some would say they're not great for long trips, some have problems getting in and out, some replace them with raliart seats). If you'd driven a lot you'd have more requirements is what this seems like. ask specifics, give some back ground, get your facts straight.
this is the motor trend link http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

i'm asking if it's comfortable in driving because every one is telling me it's hard to drive and it's not a very good daily driver car, i know that the car look good and that it's fast as long as it's a new car it will not have many problems that is all i care about
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:27 AM

in other word which on is cheaper to mod
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:32 AM

Is there a better year of Evo than the rest? I know that I want to buy an Evo 5spd. Also looking to spend less than 20g
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Definitely sounds like a kid, I feel he picked out the "other" car options because his friends drive them and he has to be faster then all of them...

If you have the money, how about YOU go drive test drive the cars and feel which ones are most comfortable for YOU. YOU are on a Evo forum, we arent going to tell you to buy a 350z because its better then an evo, if it was, none of us would be on the forum...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:53 AM

^^That.

My evo 8 is faster than a 350z, it's faster than a Mousetang, it's faster than a Corvette, it's cheaper to mod than all 3, it launches from a stop better than all 3 and it can drive in the snow. End of story.

BUT, if you look in my signature, I have mods, a fair amount in money consideration, but I'm still below the cost of a stock Evo X and I'm faster than an Evo X.

I have no idea what you want from this thread, but it's clear that nobody is answering you for a reason...you're ignorant to research and you lack the information need to make an informed purchase. Go car shopping with your body, not your keyboard.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by evol etg-zj2
^^That.

My evo 8 is faster than a 350z, it's faster than a Mousetang, it's faster than a Corvette, it's cheaper to mod than all 3, it launches from a stop better than all 3 and it can drive in the snow. End of story.

BUT, if you look in my signature, I have mods, a fair amount in money consideration, but I'm still below the cost of a stock Evo X and I'm faster than an Evo X.

I have no idea what you want from this thread, but it's clear that nobody is answering you for a reason...you're ignorant to research and you lack the information need to make an informed purchase. Go car shopping with your body, not your keyboard.
what corvette are you talking about c1?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:02 AM

no my friends don't have any of these cars these cars are in my price range but your so stupid you didn't notice that i wrote this in the beginning of the thread i don't care what you think you people don't know anything about your cars i think i'm going to see a mustang or 350z forum i just wanted to make sure that they are better than your 4 cylinder i just wasted my time on this forum
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVo_2012
this is the motor trend link http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

i'm asking if it's comfortable in driving because every one is telling me it's hard to drive and it's not a very good daily driver car, i know that the car look good and that it's fast as long as it's a new car it will not have many problems that is all i care about
alrighty, well i don't know how to combat that other than tell you there's no way it takes some 15 seconds to get to 100mph in the GSR (unless they don't drive manuals well) they even have it reaching 90mph at 11.9 seconds, no way ya need 3 seconds for 10mph... They f&$^# up their numbers somewhere.

My experience on driving the car:
COMFORTABLITY - i'd answer this with yes, i love the bucket seats, im not a fatty so the sides dont hurt, if your a large person i wouldn't advise the seats too much. i weight 210 lbs and i'm tall but the seats are still very nice. The ride is very smooth, donno why people think these things are gonna ride like a Cadillac. Who would want that anyway? So yes they are slightly rigid on bumbs, nothing an enthusiast would even consider to be anything less than luxurious.
DRIVEABILITY - Most of us use these as DD, they are extremely nice for this purpose stock. You wanna blow some doors off ya might loose the DD appeal, but out of the box and even with most bolt ons you will still love it as a DD. They're easy to drive as in steering and responsive they are everything an AWD is, much more precise even in a straight line than any rear wheel car (if anything this adds to making it easier to drive). downside, visibility its not bad but it's not great, reversing is a bit tricky (use your mirrors rather than turning around, unless you have no backbone flipping around in the seat with the belt on isn't really easy due to the side bolsters in the seat) SOLUTION buy a Broadway rear view mirror attaches to the stock in less than 5 seconds and removed the same way easy spring loaded thing that increase your visibility. Not my experience but some say the car isn't easy to drive at low speeds, i'm not positive why, i don't have this problem.
PURCHASING - correct if you buy one with low miles you're probably better off, but there is no way to be 100% certain of anything when buying a used car regardless. Always a chance the engine wasn't broken in properly and someone beat the snot out of it from day one even if it only has 10,000 miles on it... happened to me, got a bit of a lemon, but that's why ya get one with a warranty. most of these come with 100,000 mile aftermarket warranty option. if you want that get it, it's peace of mind, if you're gone mod the crap out of it don't bother, save ya a grand for the parts your gonna buy.
MODIFYING For 1,000$ - YES if you buy this car you will be able to easily upgrade it and start really pulling a head from the competition. these might risk your warranty but after a tune, intake, and bolt on exhaust you can get more than 60 whp. probably a grand total of more like 2,500$ but still possible. you go this route you NEED SERIOUS RESEARCH...can't just buy parts and throw em on, you need to have a goal and parts that work with one another and know what you're gonna do "tune-age" wise. Probably the biggest learning curve is learning how important the tune is.

NEXT QUESTION!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVo_2012
no my friends don't have any of these cars these cars are in my price range but your so stupid you didn't notice that i wrote this in the beginning of the thread i don't care what you think you people don't know anything about your cars i think i'm going to see a mustang or 350z forum i just wanted to make sure that they are better than your 4 cylinder i just wasted my time on this forum
Knew it was bound to happen...don't let em scare you away from the car... i tried to help before this happened...

THE EVO IS ONE BAD *** MOTHER!!!

you want another car that's awesome too, but don't be surprised when every car forum has its ups and downs. I'll tell ya what ya wanna know if ya give it a chance. SOME of us on here forget that you have to start the knowledge base somewhere...

side note on the 4 cylinder comment...they're not boosted...

Last edited by SavageGSR; Mar 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:39 AM

thank you SavageGSR for all the information, i just wanted to make sure these cars are fast because i didn't want to get stick for 5 years with a slow car i think i'm going to test drive the evo x as soon as i can

Quick Reply: buying an evolution