Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

buying an evolution

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVo_2012
no my friends don't have any of these cars these cars are in my price range but your so stupid you didn't notice that i wrote this in the beginning of the thread i don't care what you think you people don't know anything about your cars i think i'm going to see a mustang or 350z forum i just wanted to make sure that they are better than your 4 cylinder i just wasted my time on this forum
You're saying we dont know anything about our cars.... We spend a lot of time and money to get our cars where they are. And where they are(at least mine) are faster then listed cars you're considering, it takes time though.

Here it is in a nutshell... the evo is VERY mod friendly, there are many many aftermarket parts available, 350z's are slick cars, they require more money to get them to become even somewhat similar to a evo.

Its hard to compare the cars you have listed because they are each in their own class. Evo alone is its own class, the other cars listed are RWD, none are AWD. That right there is a HUGE +1 for the choice...

But to go out and say we know nothing of our cars is harsh, especially because you're trying to compare, fruits to vegetables. If you want raw power, get a Rustang/Corvette(i vote vette)

If you want the tuner style and have an abundance of mods, then get a evo, 350/370 are a choice but wouldnt be my next in line if I were shopping for a car to go fast. I'm honestly surprised you haven't considered an STI... They are nice cars as well.

There is tons of informative threads on this forum as to why you should buy an evo, but Mustang forums/350/370 forums will have the same threads, so yes, we're going to be biased, but at the end of it, you need to ask yourself what it is your looking for in a car. You asked a VERY broad question that has a number of answers :/
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVo_2012
i have a list of cars that i can buy but i don't know which one to buy they all look good but the evo has more space so i wanted to know more about acceleration and searched and found that it takes 15 sec from 0 to 100mph but when i went on you tube i found anther numbers so i wanted to ask the people who have EVO about it i'm buying the car for DD and drag & street racing
why don't you start using punctuation and make yourself sound more intelligent. that way we'll take you a little more seriously. and if you're asking questions like this why don't you go get a 10 year old civic and race that. stay away from awesome cars.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pssst
You're saying we dont know anything about our cars.... We spend a lot of time and money to get our cars where they are. And where they are(at least mine) are faster then listed cars you're considering, it takes time though.

Here it is in a nutshell... the evo is VERY mod friendly, there are many many aftermarket parts available, 350z's are slick cars, they require more money to get them to become even somewhat similar to a evo.

Its hard to compare the cars you have listed because they are each in their own class. Evo alone is its own class, the other cars listed are RWD, none are AWD. That right there is a HUGE +1 for the choice...

But to go out and say we know nothing of our cars is harsh, especially because you're trying to compare, fruits to vegetables. If you want raw power, get a Rustang/Corvette(i vote vette)

If you want the tuner style and have an abundance of mods, then get a evo, 350/370 are a choice but wouldnt be my next in line if I were shopping for a car to go fast. I'm honestly surprised you haven't considered an STI... They are nice cars as well.

There is tons of informative threads on this forum as to why you should buy an evo, but Mustang forums/350/370 forums will have the same threads, so yes, we're going to be biased, but at the end of it, you need to ask yourself what it is your looking for in a car. You asked a VERY broad question that has a number of answers :/
i was asking some questions that not every knew, the cars that i choose were in my price range i was comparing them in acceleration because handling is best in Evo, Sti don't look as good as the other cars.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:14 PM

i just tested a mustang gt 5.0 they are really fast but unfortunately i can't afford it i'm going to test drive the mustang gt 05-09 and evo X and then make my mind
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:42 PM

Holy, even i did my research before posting a question. I have friends that own a 350z, a 07 Stang GT, some mid 90's 5.0 stang, and they are all wicked fast...but it all depends on what you put into the car. One guy has his Ford Lightning Pickup truck running in the 11's which can compete with the average Evo and he DD's it. What you pay for is what you get.

I recommend the Evo out of your selection though because AWD is awesome off the line in a drag race.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
buy a mustang.