Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

buying an evolution

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buying an evolution

hi i'm new here, i'm thinking of buying a EVO X or IX what is the different between them? is there more than one type of EVO i heard about the MR and the GSR is there any difference between them?

is EVO X or IX faster than these cars:

is the mustang gt faster than mustang gt 05-09 dig and roll
what about the 350z or 370z?

i have the budget to buy any of these cars but i don't know which one to buy i need help with buying my car because it's going to stay with me for five years

thanks
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
think ya might wanna ask more specific questions after a quick google search....

you'll hear the same thing on this site all day long.... BUY THE EVO!!!
as for which year, depends on what youre looking for...google will go miles for the questions youre asking
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure if trolling...
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:42 PM

i searched in Google and i couldn't find any race between a stock evo and a stock 350z, mustang and 370z i want to know which one is better to buy evo x or evo ix faster 0-60 times, is it faster than the mustang gt, 350z or 370z
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:13 PM

You need to be thinking past the terms "who is fastest". The reality is, whoever has more money will be the fastest. As for off the line, the Evo is going to dominate the whole time in a stock match, AWD helps tremendously.

And I do agree with Pssst.... Not sure if trolling....
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:42 PM

i want to know why is better than these cars you said it's fast off the line which one is faster evo ix or x?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

I think you'd have more luck here if you told your story...Don't know if you're new to the car scene or new to the forums, but trolling means you looking to start something (like make us all bicker). that being said i realize you put this question in the newbie section, so that counts for something... People aren't going to want to help you with these kinds of questions, they're too easy too google!!! you want to know 0-60's thats all you have to put in the little box on google, each car will come up. You need to ask more direct questions. The short answer to the above question about the IX or the X isn't easy to answer... its not that simple: They weight different amounts (IX lighter), they have different turbos (spool, response, usable boost range, aftermarket goodies responsiveness...) they handle differently (X has better G ratings) and the list goes on and on... you wanna explore that ask away you want to ask a blanket question with out telling your story doubtfully anyone is gonna feel for ya to help...ya just come across as someone looking for a forum brawl, don't wanna bash you, and trying to get ya some help but ya gonna have to give a little here (do some searching, even if its in this site alone, tons tons and tons of info about the difference between the two)... People will link you to these kinds of things if you show a little effort (ie tell your story, or plead ignorance)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

I had 350z before evo 8.5.
To be honest, 350z has good engine with low torque.
Its power band is really wide so you will not regret if u go with it.
However, it has literally no trunk. You will not even fit a suitcase in there.
Largest size that can be in trunk is carry on bag I guess.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:03 AM

So, are you driving the car or racing it? What do you want for your money? Are looks important? Do you even have an opinion of your own? What do you want us to answer? Are we comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges? Are you going to modify the car at all? Is this even a serious thread?

Oh my goodness, so much confusion.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:58 AM

i have a list of cars that i can buy but i don't know which one to buy they all look good but the evo has more space so i wanted to know more about acceleration and searched and found that it takes 15 sec from 0 to 100mph but when i went on you tube i found anther numbers so i wanted to ask the people who have EVO about it i'm buying the car for DD and drag & street racing
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

careful bub, talking street racing will get your thread decapitated...

agree with figuring out what you're looking for 0-100 does not take 15 seconds...

are you going to modify it?
whats important to you?
what experience do you have?
can keep up with all the maintenance, insurance, mod bug?
does it need to stay fun as a daily driver? (some mods can make it fast but ruin the daily part)
STORY??? why do you seem so out of your league ???
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:17 AM

that's what motor trend said it's important that the car is comfortable and fast, yes i'm going to modify it, experience in what?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by hachansoo0413
I had 350z before evo 8.5.
To be honest, 350z has good engine with low torque.
Its power band is really wide so you will not regret if u go with it.
However, it has literally no trunk. You will not even fit a suitcase in there.
Largest size that can be in trunk is carry on bag I guess.
so it's better to buy the 350z hr over the evo x i don't need a lot of space but if the z is a lot faster then i will go with the z what if i spend a 1000$ on mods is it enough to make the evo x faster than these cars?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

12.3 by motor trend...

you seem like your "young"... Your not giving any information. Your only requirement seems to be that its fast and now adding "comfortable" (this is a personal thing, can't help ya much, need a better term, I love the Recaro seats but some don't, some would say they're not great for long trips, some have problems getting in and out, some replace them with raliart seats). If you'd driven a lot you'd have more requirements is what this seems like. ask specifics, give some back ground, get your facts straight.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVo_2012
so it's better to buy the 350z hr over the evo x i don't need a lot of space but if the z is a lot faster then i will go with the z what if i spend a 1000$ on mods is it enough to make the evo x faster than these cars?
you have got to be kidding me....

Quick Reply: buying an evolution