Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Selling my Evo.. Accept a STi trade?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling my Evo.. Accept a STi trade?

So I love my Evo but have recently decided to try and sell it so I could get the car I've always wanted.. A 03 04 Cobra (Terminator).. I Have a 03 Evo with 67k on it, extremely clean. Have had quite a few interested people but of course they end up having problems coming up with loans and all that B.S..

I have gotten several STi trade offers and I don't like STi's, I know the Evo is better all around and has a way stronger motor. But there is a very clean STi with minimal mods that wants to trade (04 java black with 62k on it). I was thinking of maybe doing it for the heck of it and then seeing if I could sell that one quicker to get a cobra.
Sorry for the long rant, but what is your advice?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

I would just wait it out... advertise your evo more. Trading then selling leaves too much room for complications anyways.

p.s. Cobras aren't near as fun as evo's.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 01:20 AM

Yeah true man, I would rather be stuck with my Evo then a STi. Just seems like the subaru's hold their value better which i can't understand.
And yeah I'm sure the Evo is more fun, I'd like to buy another one when I can afford two expensive cars. That terminator is just that one car I've always wanted and I have a good chance at getting one now if I sell my car.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 04:36 AM

Ive had 2 STi and am looking for my first evo soon. Coming from the subaru group, yes the cars can hold their value better but only if they are minimal to zero mods. My stock 04 was 16,5 my built 35r with over $18k into it I wound up selling for less I paid for my stock 04. If you want your next car to be a terminator-which I love BTW- I would hold onto the evo provided it is what you say it is. If you have some things that arent really the best on your car and the Sti is cleaner than its worth considering. But you have to consider too is the STi as clean as you think it is?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 04:38 AM

Oh and the 04s in black are by far the nicest color Subaru ever sprayed. And as Im sure you know that color was an 04 only.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 07:45 AM

I just sold my STI and bought an Evo I like my Evo much better
Old Apr 6, 2012, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

03/04 Cobras. Had a white 03 cobra for 2 years. Steggy port, methanol, 335's out the back. 467hp/489tq on the eaton m112. Sigh I really miss it sometimes
Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:38 AM

Yeah I like to think my car is very clean
Attached Thumbnails Selling my Evo.. Accept a STi trade?-rsz_dscn0335.jpg   Selling my Evo.. Accept a STi trade?-rsz_dscn0329.jpg  
Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what's the countdown til you come back here talling us how bad you ****ed up getting rid of your evo?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by SenseiL2007
Oh and the 04s in black are by far the nicest color Subaru ever sprayed. And as Im sure you know that color was an 04 only.
Yeah that Java black is pretty unique looking in the sun light up close. I thought it was a semi rare color. And this STi does seem to defiantly be as clean as mine.

Originally Posted by korizmo
03/04 Cobras. Had a white 03 cobra for 2 years. Steggy port, methanol, 335's out the back. 467hp/489tq on the eaton m112. Sigh I really miss it sometimes
Yes they sure can shove a fat rear tire on them, they look so sexy from behind. And the one I've been wanting to get has the stage 4 steige on it. It's at 500 to the wheels. I've found a lot of whipple and KB ones I would like too. They get some good numbers for minimal mods.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

I would get on SVTperformance.com and modularfords.com and create a "WTT: clean EVO 8 for terminator" thread or something along those lines.

I understand the love for terminators though, if it wasnt for the 2 door I would get one too. I miss my 650 rwhp 98 Mustang GT.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 01:22 PM

That's good thinking man, I did that the other day on the svt forum. There are a lot of nice ones for sale on that forum. Most of the termi trades I get are with more miles then I'm looking for. I really want one with around 30k on it and I would put cash on top for one.
I have two 88 5.0's and that cobra would just fit in nicely with them.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't bother trading. Each time you sell/buy/trade it costs you money and carries a risk. You already know your EVO, you might pick up a dud with a trade and lose a lot of value. Maybe visit a few dealers to sell to. I thought that they were crying out for CT9As a little while ago?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

My EVO IX has been more fun to drive to work daily as supposed to my 05' STi. I certainly don't regret getting an EVO. Probably get another one for DD.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by HAHAV8
GLWS but in all honesty the Evo is so much better than the Cobra, besides making huge power.

I actually was fooling around with a KB Cobra last night, I got like 2 car head start and he couldn't reel me in before we had to let off. He was pissed!

Obviously if we kept going though he would have toasted me.

EDIT: I would defintely not go back to an STI after having an Evo. Only year STI I would buy is an 04-06,since they're still very reliable. However the 11' look cool aswell.
Where'd you see this Cobra at? I haven't seen any in this area, and I can never find anyone to mess with when I'm out in my Evo

And I noticed the STi blue books for almost 2 grand more. What is up with that?? I know it's one year newer but still.. Just figured maybe the STi would be easier to sell for a little more money with it having a higher retail and all. And people seem to have a hard time getting loans for anything higher then the retail of the car they want.

Quick Reply: Selling my Evo.. Accept a STi trade?