Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

input needed!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
input needed!

ok so i am new to Evos and ive been hunting around for about a month now. im in the search for a Evo 9. SE, GSR, MR. i finally found a real nice car. its a Evo 9 GSR. the car has approx. 32k miles on it. its about a 6 hour drive for me so i want to be sure i will be leaving with the car. so the car is in pretty good shape. like posted above 32,000 miles on the car. intake exhaust fuel pump and a shepherd stage 2 transmission are the only mods. the asking price is about 20k. the car is throwing a check engine light for a ACD pump failing. ive done some reading and i am aware of what that is. my question is...why is the price so low. and why a stage 2 transmission. the seller claims the tranny blew originally because of no transmission fluid. i asked why he didnt just re-build the tranny or just replace it with a stock transmission..the reason for not re-building it was because the entire bell housing was cracked all the way around. he didnt just replace the broken tranny with a stock one because he claims the stock tranny and a stage 2 shepherd tranny cost about the same. is this true? i would just like some input on what everyone thinks about this. such low miles..stage 2 transmission and a fuel pump? claims the car never had a bigger turbo or cams etc. etc. So some input and thoughts are all welcome.

Thanks!!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
have someone who lives close to the car go look at it or have the guy take it by a reputable shop.

stock transmission (used) and shep do not cost the same. maybe stock transmission from the dealership

no reason to upgrade fuel pump unless he was tuned

ACD id' be weary, could be more than just the pump and it could not
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:41 PM

well he did take it to a shop and thats what the check engine light came up for..
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ACD would be the big issue for the low price. i would think

who cares if he upgraded the fuel pump, some people rather just upgrade it to begin with, most shops recommend it. doesnt mean he "has to be tuned"
i have an "upgraded" fuel pump, am i tuned? nope.

brand new tranny is expensive, if i had the chance i would get a shep stage 2. some things people do you can never know. why a stage 2 you ask... why not?

if your so concerned with a fuel pump upgrade and a shep stage 2 trans. dont buy the car and look for a completely stock one then.

if it was me, i would jump on that car because of the upgraded trans. but i wouldnt buy because i dont know what ACD problem there is. replacing pump, sort of expensive. unknown further tcase damage would be another issue.

the question you should be asking instead of the pump and trans, is the ACD / tcase potential problems.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by sujinX
ACD would be the big issue for the low price. i would think

who cares if he upgraded the fuel pump, some people rather just upgrade it to begin with, most shops recommend it. doesnt mean he "has to be tuned"
i have an "upgraded" fuel pump, am i tuned? nope.

brand new tranny is expensive, if i had the chance i would get a shep stage 2. some things people do you can never know. why a stage 2 you ask... why not?

if your so concerned with a fuel pump upgrade and a shep stage 2 trans. dont buy the car and look for a completely stock one then.

if it was me, i would jump on that car because of the upgraded trans. but i wouldnt buy because i dont know what ACD problem there is. replacing pump, sort of expensive. unknown further tcase damage would be another issue.

the question you should be asking instead of the pump and trans, is the ACD / tcase potential problems.

my main concern about the trans and the fuel pump is those mods kinda seem to add up to be a built car. but you are 100% right. my main concern should be about the ACD problem. he did state he took it to a shop too see what the check engine light was for and it came up to be for the ACD pump. is there a specific code for just the pump or is it not so on point. he told me that all three of the ACD lights stay on and you cant switch between them..any ideas?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:54 PM

any ideas???