Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Finally gave in and bought an Evo

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally gave in and bought an Evo

I finally made the switch - I was driving a 2005 Jetta GLI (mk4 - pics below) - and was at the point of either - going even bigger or trying to figure out what to do next..? I've wanted an Evo (since before Evo's were even in America) forever... and an S15... but at the moment my budget just didn't fit buying an S15 and then modding it to get it where I'd want it to be... (and it would only be a Spec S - not a Spec R - then trying to swap a V8 etc....).. so that ruled itself out pretty quickly...

Some of the mods:
Exterior : Racing Hart Cp035's (17x8 +35, +18 after spacers); Matte White wrap w/ white carbon hood/trunk & black carbon roof..etc.. and varis carbon fiber under-the-rear diffuser (custom mounted))
Engine : Built 1.8T + Gt3071R + 28Psi + LSD + Meth & basically everything else they sell for a GLI lol

Anyways on a whim I just decided what the hell - I'll post it for sale on our facebook (fanpage) ; 20 minutes later - I had a serious buyer - who was very interseted (On Friday evening) - he asked for the VIN to apply for a loan - Saturday morning he had a Bank Check in hand & a plane ticket booked to Florida. Monday rolled around and my car was being driven away, back to North Carolina.

After a week of searching (and seeing some of the most abused, beat up, badly taken care of Evos...) - Oh also being told by a "not going to say here" dealership - that I offered 20k for their $21,9XX Evo 9 SE (w/ 7X,XXX miles on it) - that I wasted my time even driving up there (because apparently my offer was ridiculous). I found this Red Evo 8 for sale with 48k miles on it. I drove up made an offer and a couple hours later I was driving home.

This is my Evolution 8

(first picture I ever took of it)

(first picture of it after it was officially mine)

These are all the pics, I have so far - Later tomorrow I am picking up a simple carbon fiber lip a friend of mine has for it - so let the modding begin

anyways just wanted to say whats up to everyone here
Old May 12, 2012, 10:51 PM

Ravi!! finally you got one... welcome to ze dark side.
Old May 12, 2012, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Nice pickup. Happy modding
Old May 13, 2012, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Projekticarus
Ravi!! finally you got one... welcome to ze dark side.
haha - yes! took a week to find one - but i got it - i wasn't going to buy anything BUT an Evo

Originally Posted by bstgsr
Nice pickup. Happy modding
Thanks man
Old May 13, 2012, 01:55 PM

under 50k ftw! I bet you're jacked to start putting money into this thing. looks clean!
Old May 13, 2012, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! Many safe happy trouble free miles
Old May 13, 2012, 02:59 PM

Nice pick up man. Do you by chance know what part of NC your Jetta made it too?
Old May 13, 2012, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

congrats! (first thing i would do is a boost leak test)
Old May 13, 2012, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Congratulations, but keep those silly stickers off of your Evo
Old May 13, 2012, 04:30 PM

Nice ride bro, Enjoy. Yeah I've had the same trouble with a some of my locale Mitsu dealers. I've been trying to track down a Graphite Grey Evo MR, went to the dealer and asked them if they had any, The guy looked it up and they had two in IL somewhere. Then the guy laughed at me and gave me his card and said "its $25,000 come back and see me in like 5 years when you have that kinda cash kid." I wouldn't be looking for that car if i didn't have the cash so i guess they missed out on a sale cause the guy wanted to be a jerk. wont be going back there.
Old May 13, 2012, 05:48 PM

wow you found an 03 with 48k miles? Congrats on the evo ravi, looks like it wasn't abused like most
Old May 13, 2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kelb
under 50k ftw! I bet you're jacked to start putting money into this thing. looks clean!
Originally Posted by Hype
Congrats! Many safe happy trouble free miles
haha - hope so! we'll see what happens! big turbo soon

Originally Posted by Chase94
Nice pick up man. Do you by chance know what part of NC your Jetta made it too?
I believe Havelock, NC is where the new owner lives

Originally Posted by suekie
congrats! (first thing i would do is a boost leak test)
Definitely all coming soon - Just going through all the maintenance stuff now

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Congratulations, but keep those silly stickers off of your Evo
haha - 90% of the stickers on my Jetta are directly relative to my business - the other few are sponsors, advertisement = more money! but definitely trying to keep it simple

Originally Posted by MitsuCrazy
Nice ride bro, Enjoy. Yeah I've had the same trouble with a some of my locale Mitsu dealers. I've been trying to track down a Graphite Grey Evo MR, went to the dealer and asked them if they had any, The guy looked it up and they had two in IL somewhere. Then the guy laughed at me and gave me his card and said "its $25,000 come back and see me in like 5 years when you have that kinda cash kid." I wouldn't be looking for that car if i didn't have the cash so i guess they missed out on a sale cause the guy wanted to be a jerk. wont be going back there.
man - some of these dealers are so stupid... there was a kid selling a MR for 14,5 in Jacksonville - when I called to make an offer - he said "sorry man no longer selling it" - they are out there - and if you hit people at the right time; you can get it for the price you want

Originally Posted by FORGEDLIFESTYLE
wow you found an 03 with 48k miles? Congrats on the evo ravi, looks like it wasn't abused like most
Word, definitely excited about that - It looks like it just sat a lot in the sun
Old May 13, 2012, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by v2lab
haha - 90% of the stickers on my Jetta are directly relative to my business - the other few are sponsors, advertisement = more money! but definitely trying to keep it simple
Even the ones on your airbox?

Either way, a clean Evo is the best. It looks good now -- keep her clean.
Old May 13, 2012, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

congrats, you wont regret the upgrade
Old May 13, 2012, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice, congrats and good luck with it.

Quick Reply: Finally gave in and bought an Evo