Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hey Guys I need a lil help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2002, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys I need a lil help

Hey whats up, got a question for you all... The Girl Friend Just toldme she is ordering my Cat Back....Now should I go with VRS or Buschur which is easier to install? I plan todo the install myself i kno the whole short bolt situation with the buschur 1 but thats no prob at all....Also can someone tell me where to order each 1 n possibly tell me the part numbers as well....If someone can do this I would appreciate it greatly hehe... I plan to order my TB soon as well ROCK i need to call u guys up for prcing n the whole deal with it.Also Rock what about fuel injectors n fuel regs n possible fuel rail? do i need to change those n aquire them when i change out the TB? keep in mind I'm a newbie so i may b talkin outta my u know what ijust thing it'd b good to chane my injectors n add thefuel reg n rail just to compensate with the increased air flow... well time to get back to dumb dumb work out here in jerz,I drive cars all day for hyundai,Jeep,and Mitsubishi hehehe so lancer parts come at cost now 80) but if u guys can get methis info then thanks in advance !
Old Jul 16, 2002, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Really now...it's not that hard, and yes you're talking out of your @$$ about the fuel mods since you DO NOT need them because you're not flowing substantially more air.

www.buschurracing.com Look for the phone number and call them up to place your order

www.vrsexhaust.com Same deal since as of yet, I don't think they have it up on their website.

They're both going to set you back roughly the same but be cautioned about the VRS one as it contains no cats and no resonator a la the pics posted in THIS thread.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

Thats whati figured

Thanx Pjal, I figured i wouldn't have to do all of that it was just discused over dinnerlast night with some friends i basiclly only want the TB n the cat back for the moment letall the other fuel stuff come later.... I'd like to get my new TB,and run possibly a 4 IN PVC CAI unless that is to big? cause my MAF Adap is 4 inches so I'd kinda like to keep it all the same size up to the MAF but ater that I'd like to replace the tubing from the MAF to the TB i think now itgoes fromlike a 3 to a 2in maybe 2 1/2 at the tb? correct me if I'm wrong as u sawbefore i talk out of my @$$ hehe but oh well I'm a new bie n new to the whole car scene I'm just a work in progress... but anyway thanx again for all your help man... if u could which do u think would b better to run a 3in or 4 in? CAI hehe I like the sound of 4 in though just sounds like it'd b big hehe...
Old Jul 17, 2002, 03:30 AM
Evolved Member

4 inches is way to wide. You'll suffer a sever torque drop, especially if you're going to make it a long piped CAI. You could probably do a 4 inch short ram with a monster filter on the end, granted you could fit a monster filter and some sort of device to shield it or draw in colder air. That'd be pretty hot. Could even hook up a monster Blitz SUS filter but that's $.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 03:43 AM
Evolving Member

hmmm

hmm,maybe I should stay in the 3 in range then,I'mnotthat big on short ram.I've heard good things about it I'm just more fond of Cold air. The one i have now sits right behind the small black mesh in the front now only it's steel with Thermo Wrap it's still pretty good n nice sounding but i'm think the pvc should stay even cooler.. Ya n the fact of $$ is kinda sucky I got myself some bills hehe thats why I made the CAI, well that n the fact it was fun to do it myself.... I'm gonna try n call BUSHURR tomorrow let them know the deal if not tomorrow then friday, I can't wait i want my Cat Back bad... I gotta call About the TB to but I prolly won't get it for a little bit pending on price n everything.. I'm going to search for it but u may b able to find it faster Has anyone posted anything about changin spark plugs n wires, I see the wires on the parts page,but I'm wondering about which plugs to get n sizes.haha i feel like a retard heheh OoOh well ! thanx man.