Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.
View Poll Results: HOw Old Are You?
0-16
2.52%
17-20
21.41%
21-25
35.66%
26-29
17.13%
30-&up
23.28%
Voters: 4489. You may not vote on this poll

Age of Lancer Evolution Owners [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2003, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SoR
There's a saying that you're only old as much as you feel.
I prefer the saying "Your as young as the woman you feel."

So find a young woman and feel her.

I'v been banging my Evo V around since I was 35. You do the math.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is a great thread. Wow. My wife picked out my car and TOLD me to get it (I was considering a WRX or STI). Never... NEVER regreted it... almost 13k miles since MAY. When I look at a nice Porsche or BMW or Audi, I do admire the looks... but then when I am behind the wheel of the Evo, EVERY TIME, it all becomes real clear why its parked in my driveway instead of something "nicer". I'm 32, married for 9 years, lots of grey in my beard, but still sport the Ben Davis, Vans and hooded sweatshirt when I'm not in the office... so the Evo kinda fits me I guess. This seriously is the best thread ever... really enjoyed reading everybody's comments. BTW, I have a coworker who always teases me about my car (in a friendly way)... I had to let him borrow it this weekend. Today, he tells me "man, I know I tease you about your car, but that car incredible. I had no idea it was tha good. You are so lucky"...... yeah, lucky I have a badass wife (who is also a cutie who cooks wicked Thai food) who shares my taste in cars!!
Old Dec 29, 2003, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am now driving with the Gods... I am so pleased by the comments you all post. No matter our age there is one true love...the EVO. At the ripe young age of 29 I can't wait to get up in the mornings and drive to work an hour early just to cruze around a bit.

As for th money issues surrounding EVO owners, I am no rich guy. I beleive that the passion to drive the car makes up for it's price tag. If there is a will to have, one ther is a way to do it. It is a give and take world....besides, eating and shelter, who needs em??

Paul in Cinci
Old Dec 29, 2003, 09:32 PM

33 and Very proud of my Evo

Occasionally, I come across people who don't understand why I would want a car with a wing.

I usually respond by pointing out (jokingly of course) how little they know about cars, high-school-level aerodynamic theory, and other intellectual mumbo-jumbo.

Oh, and I also point out how cars are supposed to reflect an owner's personality, and that "their" car happens to be a BIT on the dull side
Old Dec 30, 2003, 04:26 AM

Not only am I an older owner(47 yo), but I also own an older EVO. I own a EVO III, which is one of the best EVOs made. Not only do they weigh only 2770 lbs, but they had 270 hp stock. Mine has a few mods now, and has around 360 hp. It doesn't mind 6000rpm clutch dump launches either. We have alot of modded turbo imports etc in Australia, and I have yet to be beaten on the road. It is good for around 12.0 1/4, but more importantly for the odd street race, it reaches 60 mph in 4 sec.
I find it amusing demolishing the young guys in their hotties. They probably think what is this old fart doing whippin my ***.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

I'm 30. I waited a long time for the Evo to come here and plan on driving it for a long time to come, Big Wing and All
Old Dec 30, 2003, 07:46 AM
choad

I think it’s cool that women like the Evo. My wife does not like to ride in mine, she says the jiggling ride gives her a headache.
Must be nice to at though..

But seriously..

Would you look at this BEAUTY of a thread!! 12 pages of THE REAL EVO population!! Inhabited ONLY by those that can speak/write in english and are capable WRITERS and borderline WORDSMITHS!! (Not to mention drivers and afficianados of some of the best cars in the world!!)

THIS is what it's about...CARS and how they are an integral part of our lives and the PEOPLE that OWN and love them.... the EVO has truly carved a niche in the auto world and created a religious following!

We are NOT a bunch of goofs throwing **** on their cars to LOOK fast or make our car something it ISN'T..

Folks...We ARE FAST. WE DRIVE EVO'S because there isn't another car out there right now that we want our LIVES IMMERSED IN!! We as drivers, wife/girlfriend sitting shotgun, kid in the baby Recaro seat in back enjoying the ride..THIS IS WHAT it's ABOUT!!

Enjoy the looks you get from those in the know!!( I regularly get bowed to from a driver of an IS300 in my neighborhood as we pass each other... it's getting to be normal at stoplights too..The "we're not worthy bow ....you seen this one??!)

We drive the EVO because of ALL that it is, not because of SOME of what it is..Rather for the SUM of what the EVO embodies!!

When asks if we are in, we can truly say with zero hesitation..

**** YES!!

This is what a thread should be about..I feel the comaraderie oozing from the thread pages as we speak..

My prediction is this thread will turn into at least 20 pages and be a SUPER THREAD!!

Okay...(shakes head to gather bearings) I'm off my soapbox..

Last edited by M3lachsilber; Dec 30, 2003 at 07:52 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Speaking of bows, are we supposed to acknowledge STi drivers? The Evo is not our whole life, but it makes our life whole.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm 40, get over it. A great car is a great car. A bunch of leather and wood does not make a great car. 20 years from now no one is going to be writing books about the best piece of wood used in a car.

A great car performs - pure and simple.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Bogie
Speaking of bows, are we supposed to acknowledge STi drivers?
Oops! I'm sorry, I went OT.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 08:18 AM

Soon to be 36, reformed Mustang owner and loving it.

Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the guy below. That’s how I want to be when I grow up (I’m only 47).
Check out the full story at http://www.oswegospeedway.com/Speedway/newman03.html
“How does one of Hollywood's most famous actors relax from the 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. stress of making a movie in Maine? If you're Paul Newman, you take a warm, sunny autumn day off for a secret getaway to New Hampshire.”
“Not to check out the foliage or play a round of golf like most 78-year-olds might do, but to hop into a custom-made, fire-retardant driver's suit. Squeeze into the cockpit of a high-speed race car.”
“Not only did Newman jump into a winged super-modified car for the first time, super-mods are the fastest short-track (under a mile) cars in the
world, but by the time he was done, he took to the 850-horsepower, fuel-injected, methanol fuel-burning monster like a duck to water.”
“And now he's the oldest driver ever to drive a super-modified. "Well," Newman said, thinking over the accomplishment, "they gave me a great ride. It makes me wish I was 75 again."
Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:59 AM
choad

Drives: 2002 Lancer Evolution VII RS-II LHD
hey eric, I like what you OWN but what do you DRIVE ..

A great car is a great car. A bunch of leather and wood does not make a great car. 20 years from now no one is going to be writing books about the best piece of wood used in a car.
I agree with this...stuffing and fluff doesn't make a good armchair either..but when you talk about a performance car, RARELY are you adressing it's choice of materials or "fluff", right?

This point is almost irrelevant as it doesn't pertain to the EVO or performance car in general....

What is relavant is how a car has been created and evolved from the ground up ..

EX:How many car companies have tried to duplicate the way a BMW feels from the drivers seat?? How about COUNTLESS ..

If you put most car enthusiasts in a vehicle and blindfolded them and told them to drive and shift, 99% of us would be able to tell you EXACTLY what our *** was planted in...RIGHT??

We certainly woudn't be able to tell you the grade of leather or type of wood veneer used on the trim, that's for sure..

I think thats what you are saying, right??
Old Dec 30, 2003, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

57 -youth is fleeting but immaturity can last a lifetime.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 01:20 PM

We as drivers, wife/girlfriend sitting shotgun, kid in the baby Recaro seat in back enjoying the ride.

What about us woman EVO owners? You are forgetting about the few of us who love the car just as much as you do.

Quick Reply: Age of Lancer Evolution Owners [MERGED]