Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.
View Poll Results: HOw Old Are You?
0-16
2.52%
17-20
21.41%
21-25
35.66%
26-29
17.13%
30-&up
23.28%
Voters: 4489. You may not vote on this poll

Age of Lancer Evolution Owners [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2004, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats wrong with people being handed cars and material things throughout their life? A whole lot.

Case in point, my Fiancee's sister. She is 28, had her way paid through college, and her graduate school by her mother. She is married and cannot even stand on her own 2 feet. Im not sure how her husband puts up with her. everytime she has a problem, she calls her mother for money. and lo and behold, her mother comes through.

Lack of independance is a *****. and guess what? a majority of the time it carries on later in life.

I happen to know two 17 year old evolution owners in my area. Both are very fortunate and they KNOW it. They know they did nothing to deserve their cars. How were they paid for? My one buddy said he cashed his trust fund his parent had for him. If his priorities are for that, so be it.

In the mean time im enjoying MY piddly little 4g63T AWD car. Not as cool as you guys, but im trying to scratch and claw my way to the top. You 35-50 yr old evolution owners are my inspiration. Rock on!

Last edited by TheTsiGuy; Aug 26, 2004 at 08:21 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheTsiGuy
Whats wrong with people being handed cars and material things throughout their life? A whole lot.

Im 21, almost 22...and i am struggling to put myself through college. I have no father and my mother makes only 24k a year. I get some financial aid, but have to work to pay the rest off to go through private college. Im entering pharmacy school soon.

After im done, i hope i can afford an evo. Its THAT much sweeter when it happens.

Case in point, my Fiancee's sister. She is 28, had her way paid through college, and her graduate school by her mother. She is married and cannot even stand on her own 2 feet. Im not sure how her husband puts up with her. everytime she has a problem, she calls her mother for money. and lo and behold, her mother comes through.

Lack of independance is a *****. and guess what? a majority of the time it carries on later in life.

I happen to know two 17 year old evolution owners in my area. Both are very fortunate and they KNOW it. They know they did nothing to deserve their cars. How were they paid for? My one buddy said he cashed his trust fund his parent had for him. If his priorities are for that, so be it.

In the mean time im enjoying MY piddly little 4g63T AWD car. Not as cool as you guys, but im trying to scratch and claw my way to the top. You 35-50 yr old evolution owners are my inspiration. Rock on!
The Fact still stands that there are always going to be fortunate Kids and young adults out there, and ppl like you just let that bother them way too much, how is anybody else's family income any of your buisness? who cares if there 17 and there rents bought them an Evo, thats there prob, not yours. Thanx for your little life story, but i have no pitty for you because i don't care. I say Rock on to anybody who has the car! And lets remeber this thread is asking how old Evo Owners are not how they bought there car
Old Aug 26, 2004, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nez136
The Fact still stands that there are always going to be fortunate Kids and young adults out there, and ppl like you just let that bother them way too much, how is anybody else's family income any of your buisness? who cares if there 17 and there rents bought them an Evo, thats there prob, not yours. Thanx for your little life story, but i have no pitty for you because i don't care. I say Rock on to anybody who has the car! And lets remeber this thread is asking how old Evo Owners are not how they bought there car
I wasnt asking for your opinion or thoughts on my "life story", nor do I want your pity.

No, no one else family income is my business. Am I bothered by teenagers owning evolutions? No, I could care less.

My whole point in posting my previous reply was to answer a question. I gave my opinion as I have seen through my eyes and experiences. Sorry if a young person like you takes offense.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 08:30 AM

Old Aug 27, 2004, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

I think someone needs to kick yer rude, young little a$$.

Last edited by stvbreal; Aug 27, 2004 at 08:36 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 07:13 AM

Old Aug 28, 2004, 08:27 AM

24, traded in an 04' wrx for this. Baby seat in the back.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 10:03 PM

Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

I'm 29 and counting.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 02:38 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

Just turned 27
Old Sep 4, 2004, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DB8GSR
I have a wife!
I have 1 kid!
I have a mortgage!
I have 1 job!

I dunno mang!
I have 1 wife

3 kids

4 vehicles

Earn 6 figure a year!
Old Sep 4, 2004, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

I disagree I think kids who are given cars like this at such a young age usually end up with problems later in areas of independance and responcibility. Most people I know given expensive cars when they are young end up 25+ and living at home or still mooching off of parents because they never learned responcibility for themselves because things were always handed to them. There isn't anything wrong with helping your kids out don't get me wrong but just handing them an Evo doesn't teach them anything...

I have never been given a car and I'm really glad my parents didn't give me one
I'm 21 now I'm repsoncible for myself and I can proudly say I worked for everything I have Evo included. I made it on my own and no one can take that away from me. Its almost like being given a trophie... without earning it what good is it?
Old Sep 5, 2004, 10:30 AM

Seriously. It's pretty well known that if you work for something, you'll come to appreciate it alot more. If you get handed free stuff all your life, then letting it turn to **** is probably alot easyer, becuase you just get more free stuff down the road.

Am I jealous of those that get one for free? not really. Now that I finally got my evo, after 6 months of penny pinching just for a down payment, I wouldn't go back if I had the chance just to get it for free. I'm too damn proud of myself where I'm at. If your parents buy you an evo, thats cool, but can you really drive around and say this is MY car? I don't care even if your parents put it in your name, it's not yours.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

most interesting topic.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Quick Reply: Age of Lancer Evolution Owners [MERGED]