Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Lancer Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2002, 04:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by travis3265
Boni,
i see ur original post said u are running 5.5 psi, that is really low. are you running a higher boost level yet? also, what type of quarter miles have you turned out, if any, and at what boost? thanks man.
The U.S. Lancer motor is SOHC and the compression ratio is 10:1. With the stock computer and injectors 5-7 psi is a safe range. When I get injectors and an aftermarket computer I will probably turn boost up, but for now it's at a safe setting for what I have. Above 10 psi I would strengthen my engine internals, maybe its not needed but I would do it just to be safe. I would most likely get lower compression pistons to run more boost.

This is what I know, if im wrong someone correct me. Rob from Road/Race can probably explain it better but I hope that helps. peace.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 04:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Boni, while you're around, do you have any plans to take the car to the track in the near future to humor b and give the rest of us a bit of info on expected gains (in time) with a properly running, low boost turbo from RRM?
Old Jul 18, 2002, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

yeah go and race that slow pos and bring us back some timeslips
Old Jul 18, 2002, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek
Boni, while you're around, do you have any plans to take the car to the track in the near future to humor b and give the rest of us a bit of info on expected gains (in time) with a properly running, low boost turbo from RRM?
Currently my car is at Road/Race getting a full new RRM suspension kit(rear sway bar,front strut bar, new springs, and custom shocks). Also I will have my T.B. installed and a few more goodies. I am expecting another 2 weeks at Road/Race and if they give me the ok, then i'll take it to the track. Regardless though, they are going to dyno it for Sport Compact Car. After that we will see what kind of WHP/TORQUE I will be running. I'm not sure when that will happen though. I am guessing 3-4 weeks at the most. Once it's done I will post all of the results and more pics. Thanks, peace.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 05:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

b, you just can't leave well enough alone, can ya?

Thanks, Boni. Forgot all about SCC. Hope you've got a second car or very tolerant friends/parents/girlfriend(s) to give you rides in the meantime. Either that or a bus pass.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

2 weeks for a suspension and TB? seems like that work can be done in 2 days or less. am i wrong?