Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

new EVO idea

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new EVO idea

I wish Mitsu will make a twin turbo mean machine? Wouldn't that be a dream come true
Old Jul 9, 2012, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Evo 9 twin turbo would be my idea. But everyone is trying to win the hearts and minds of the tree hugging gone greeners. So we'll have an Evo that we plug into the wall in 2014.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 05:52 PM

lol...evo 9 mr twin turbo will be a beast and I bet Mitsu will sell them like hot cakes
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By twin do you mean sequential?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by norlanrodriguez
lol...evo 9 mr twin turbo will be a beast and I bet Mitsu will sell them like hot cakes
mitsu doesn't like motorsports anymore so don't hold your breath.... also I'm sure if they did make such a car one of the first mods you would do for a large performance increase would be going to a single turbo. I fail to see what benefit it would be other than bragging to people that don't really know anything about turbo applications....

Most of the time twin turbo is a decision made due to packaging (ie. v8 or v6) where it is easier to have one smaller turbo on each side of the engine rather than pipe the exhaust and intake connections to one side. Or to improve low end response (ie sequential turbos) one small to spool quickly and then a larger one to take over up top, they tried this on the 4th gen supra and the popular mod for big power on those cars is of course..... going to a single turbo. Spool is barely effected if replace the two stockers with a turbo that produces similar power. Of course when guys go bigger on the supra they usually go huge so yeah spool is affected there.

2 turbos = extra $$$$ , extra weight, extra clutter, extra heat, extra failure, extra headaches.

Not to mention on a 4cyl it seems kind of pointless to have a non-sequential setup, even if they were sized smaller than the turbo that currently come on evos they would only spool as fast or likely slower because the exhaust pulses would be even more spaced out with only 2 cylinders feeding each turbo. On a v8 this is different of course because you have twice the cylinders.

The only mod I really lust after on my evo would be a roots or screw style supercharger and a turbo (see compound charging), instant boost and torque in the low rpm and still have the turbo stink up top. Not to mention you could run a larger turbo and not have it be nearly as laggy.

Last edited by akeric; Jul 10, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

Agreed.I heard we'll only get about 12 or so X's when they are launched here in SA.So i don't think after that we'll ever get another evo here.All manufacturers are going after is the plug-in crap nowadays...
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:34 PM

I think a twin turbo evo would be sexy, i think i want one xD, as far as the hybrid evo i dont even like the idea of it, lol