Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

A re-intorduction with a new wip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A re-intorduction with a new wip

Im not new to EvoM but i decided to graduate from a base Lancer to a Ralliart. Im looking forward to all the good advice and info that EvoM has to offer. For right now i am just enjoying the wip. The difference between a Lancer ES and a RA is phenomenal.

My old Lancer

My new RA
Old Aug 1, 2012, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice upgrade. I have to say that your Lancer was very tight looking. Certainly one of the nicest Lancers I have seen. What are your plans for the RA?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
Nice upgrade. I have to say that your Lancer was very tight looking. Certainly one of the nicest Lancers I have seen. What are your plans for the RA?
Second that
Old Aug 1, 2012, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

deff your lancer was nice but great upgrade !!!!
Old Aug 2, 2012, 05:32 AM

Thanks guys i put a lot of love into that Lancer i knew what i could and couldnt do and modded for looks alone and tried to leave rice at home lol. I will miss her but i need some performance in my life.

I was thinking my first Mod will be to replace the UICP i was told by several Evo and RA owners to do that as soon as i can. Also i would like to get a nice drop in filter not a SRI since i know i will have to get a tune. My first big mod will be the Ultimate Racing Catback.

Any advice you guys could offer would be appreciated
Old Aug 2, 2012, 08:10 AM

Cobb AP is the best upgrade imo purely based on the fact that it comes with preset maps like valet with a rev limiter, a security mode which shuts down the car and even a economy mode to save gas. It does come with a performance map that'll boost your hp.

Congrats on the new car
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys and Hawaiianstyle thanks for the tip. I did order 3 things today to get started.

-Cosworth dropin
-Injen UICP (polished)
-Perrin Shorty antenna
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
grats man looks good....why not just swoop on that lambo in the background? Why didn't you just go all the way to the top and get an Evo?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by ogrenator
grats man looks good....why not just swoop on that lambo in the background? Why didn't you just go all the way to the top and get an Evo?
I didnt get an Evo because im still paying off my student loans and i will be buying a house next year. As much as i love cars they are money pits and depreciate but a house is something iv watned to own for a long time now. So i decided to keep my payments managable. Though it isnt an Evo i still love driving it nonetheless. The car has a lot of potential i think
Old Aug 6, 2012, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sinestra
I didnt get an Evo because im still paying off my student loans and i will be buying a house next year. As much as i love cars they are money pits and depreciate but a house is something iv watned to own for a long time now. So i decided to keep my payments managable. Though it isnt an Evo i still love driving it nonetheless. The car has a lot of potential i think
IMO a Raliart will have more depreciation and depreciate quicker then the Evo will. I was really surprised and impressed with the way Evo's hold value. Especially compared to other Mitsu vehicles. Also a house is great to have. But they don't seem to appreciate in value like they use to. If you buy a newer house it will depreciate. If you buy an older ran down house for a good price and invest in fixing it up then you can usually gain a profit. Basically buying a house isn't really all its cracked out to be. You usually get stuck with it for many years to come and when you sell you either loose money or break even. This may vary depending on the location but the housing market where I live isn't doing very well and people are stuck with their houses.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kendogg
IMO a Raliart will have more depreciation and depreciate quicker then the Evo will. I was really surprised and impressed with the way Evo's hold value. Especially compared to other Mitsu vehicles. Also a house is great to have. But they don't seem to appreciate in value like they use to. If you buy a newer house it will depreciate. If you buy an older ran down house for a good price and invest in fixing it up then you can usually gain a profit. Basically buying a house isn't really all its cracked out to be. You usually get stuck with it for many years to come and when you sell you either loose money or break even. This may vary depending on the location but the housing market where I live isn't doing very well and people are stuck with their houses.
I live the in the DC,MD,VA area and the housing market here has not suffered as bad as most maybe its because of how close we are to the government. I just dont feel like renting anymore its like throwing your money away. I just feel my other responsibilities should come first. Sure i could afford an Evo but my budget would tight every month and i def wouldnt be able to mod it as much as i would like. My friend decided to buy an Evo without thinking about it and now he is super car poor he can never come out with us anymore lol.

My parts did come in hopefully installing the UICP today still waiting on my Cosworth drop in though. I also did a partial debadge
Old Aug 7, 2012, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

I live the in the DC,MD,VA area and the housing market here has not suffered as bad as most maybe its because of how close we are to the government. I just dont feel like renting anymore its like throwing your money away. I just feel my other responsibilities should come first. Sure i could afford an Evo but my budget would tight every month and i def wouldnt be able to mod it as much as i would like. My friend decided to buy an Evo without thinking about it and now he is super car poor he can never come out with us anymore lol.

My parts did come in hopefully installing the UICP today still waiting on my Cosworth drop in though. I also did a partial debadge
Its good to see the housing market isn't in bad shape everywhere. I don't regret buying a house. But I know it's going to be a pain when I sale in the future and if I'm lucky I will break even. If you own a house for 5-10 years and only break even when you sale it, then in a way you were throwing your money away and would be similar to renting since you leave with nothing to show for it.

Sucks for your friend. I guess he should have thought it out like you did. You must have got a good deal on your Raliart. I don't think the Evo's are really much more a month though. If you pay msrp for the Raliart is would be around $530 a month for 5 years and $450 for 6 years (4% interest). If you pay msrp for an Evo it would be about $655 a month for 5 years and $556 for 6 years. Obviously there are a number of things not factored in but an Evo is around $100 more a month. Well worth it IMO.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kendogg
Its good to see the housing market isn't in bad shape everywhere. I don't regret buying a house. But I know it's going to be a pain when I sale in the future and if I'm lucky I will break even. If you own a house for 5-10 years and only break even when you sale it, then in a way you were throwing your money away and would be similar to renting since you leave with nothing to show for it.

Sucks for your friend. I guess he should have thought it out like you did. You must have got a good deal on your Raliart. I don't think the Evo's are really much more a month though. If you pay msrp for the Raliart is would be around $530 a month for 5 years and $450 for 6 years (4% interest). If you pay msrp for an Evo it would be about $655 a month for 5 years and $556 for 6 years. Obviously there are a number of things not factored in but an Evo is around $100 more a month. Well worth it IMO.
I got a great deal on my RA i got it for 24K dealership i bought it from was liquidating their inventory because they were going out of business
Old Aug 8, 2012, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

I got a great deal on my RA i got it for 24K dealership i bought it from was liquidating their inventory because they were going out of business
Well that is a good price. I would have went RA at that price. Would have saved me almost $10k. Good find sir
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I couldnt agree with you more on a good move...getting the house is most important!! I almost got an evo last year and decided to keep my Mazda 6 for a while longer...bought a place cause I was also tired of renting. Payed the Mazda off a few months later and saved up and got the Evo in July but if I would have gotten the evo there is no way I would have bought a house this year so props on the smart decision man and ralliarts def have some potential