Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

well It's done

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2002, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well It's done

Hey peoples, Well I just finished up Re making and Re Installing My Cai Switched it over from Stainless to PVC Heres some pics for you all I know I'm not the first nore am i prolly the last to fabricate this just dropping some ideas for all the other newbies like myself all thats left is bracketing it down ngoin n grabbin an Oil Breather.. Ican tell you this even though it's Only a CAI it sounds friggin Wild anyway heres the pics
Attached Thumbnails well It's done-top-view.jpg  
Old Jul 19, 2002, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

another

Nice view hehehe
Attached Thumbnails well It's done-bottom-view.jpg  
Old Jul 19, 2002, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Some More

Exterior
Attached Thumbnails well It's done-jul20_03.jpg  
Old Jul 19, 2002, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

And still more

Side Top view
Attached Thumbnails well It's done-jul20_04.jpg  
Old Jul 19, 2002, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

another

Another Exterior shot
Attached Thumbnails well It's done-jul20_05.jpg  
Old Jul 19, 2002, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Thats all for now

Well thats all,damn those exterior shots make it look like it's real low,it's actually higher just i was at an akward angle was tryin to capture some good shots for u all
Old Jul 19, 2002, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Clean very clean. Looks like the filter got it's *** kicked but not bad at all. Your pics do make it look like the filter is seated very low but if you think it's reasonable enough, good luck. Since it's so exposed to the elements and random grit and grime, check out a metal mesh filter from HKS and Blitz. Easier to clean than the standard "pink paper" filters since you don't need to re-oil and all that stuff. With a stainless steel mesh one, all ya gotta do is hose it off and let it dry.
Old Jul 19, 2002, 11:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Only two criticisms. 1. the filter looks like it's going to get mangled/ingest water. 2. the elbow to the tb looks crazy small. It seems like it'd bottleneck the rest of the intake's flow. Great execution though. Let me know whether or not it melts. I'm hoping not, but I'm still skeptical of pvc's heat resistance properties.
Old Jul 19, 2002, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

AHH your so full of wisdom hehe

I agree a nice new filter would hit the spot i wasn't thinking bout blitz or HKS but now u got my mind workin again hehe thanks for the complements on it being clean at the moment I'm bracketing it down trying to make it sitas straight as possible just need another set of hands myfriend should b here shortly also I unhooked the bat once everything is all in place I'll re connect n take the tripfor the Oil Breather
Old Jul 19, 2002, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

hmm hobie

I may Thermo Wrap this one as well the TB is 2 IN i believe that close to the same inlet as the injen only the injen is one straight through piece just gradually grows larger(but i may b wrong) the fileter is semi guarded just means drive with caution in bad weather maybe i'll fabricate some sort of shiled in the future
Old Jul 19, 2002, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

hmm

Just checked on the location of the filter seems to b shielded from tire run off and with some fabricated shield pieces n the Roto zip I shouldb able to Produce a guard. Re connected the battery as well RPM's jumped up to 4000 then dropped right back to just below 1000 it's also hot as hell outside right now so we shall see how well it performes tonight I may take a trip up to my shop see about those filters PJA maybe I'll pick 1 up ifthe guys cut me a good deal other then that I'd like some thermo wrap ihave a lil left over from my other CAI I made a while back hehe i should throw u guys a pic of that anyway that is all for now
Old Jul 20, 2002, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

First road test hehe

Went out with the krew tonight tested out the lancer after it's mods raced my bois altima from dead stop (ussually take of around 3000) I beat on him pretty bad an he has Intake n Exhaust( I know nothin big) I gotta say though the car sounds wild hehe the intake set off a car alarm lol I tightened the Throttle Cable as well and added a Oil Breather, I'm pretty happy with the outcome so far Going out tomorrow to get thermo wrap n possible new K&N Filter.. well I guess thats all for now