Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Have questions about EVO's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have questions about EVO's

Hey guys i am new here. Just sold off my 03 Cobra and am looking to get into an evo. Any help you guys can give me would help alot. My goal and plan is roughly 600-700 HP. My cobra was 600 and am looking to be in that ballpark. My question is what is the differences in the iX and the X? Which would be better modable for the price? Etc. Thanks guys!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man i would of swapped cars with you, Im a mustang lover and the Teminator is my dream car. Anyway alot of people are going to tell you that the evo is not a good idea for daily driving with 600-700hp, difference between 9 and X would be driveability, the 9 its not comfortable for dd as the X is and besides the X being heavier than the 8 and 9 some people say the X drives just as good. Somebody thats driven both will tell you better, if you do get an Evo get one without ACD and for the X one without SST.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

I would really seriously consider buying this
http://watertown.craigslist.org/cto/3121498497.html

I'm not one to recommend buying an already built car but this is great.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:31 AM

As said above, an evo 8 or 9 is ideal for your goals. Its cheaper in the mod department and more knowledge of what to do with those cars since they been out for a while.

An evo x is more of a daily driver and is heavier. It's has not been around for that long so modding will be more $$$. If you do get an evo x, then get the 5speed manual instead of the SST tranny found in the MRs.

Good Luck
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by adriano_917
Man i would of swapped cars with you, Im a mustang lover and the Teminator is my dream car. Anyway alot of people are going to tell you that the evo is not a good idea for daily driving with 600-700hp, difference between 9 and X would be driveability, the 9 its not comfortable for dd as the X is and besides the X being heavier than the 8 and 9 some people say the X drives just as good. Somebody thats driven both will tell you better, if you do get an Evo get one without ACD and for the X one without SST.
My termi was bad *** and am sad it is gone. It only had 9700 miles on it so as u can tell i am not looking for a dd. I was on one end of of the spectrum just spankin imports with my termi but i want to be on the other end now and spank some muscle cars. LOL. I guess i am weird like that but have always loved evo's.

Whats the deal with this ACD u speak of?

Last edited by SnakeCharmer 07; Aug 13, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by wangboy925
As said above, an evo 8 or 9 is ideal for your goals. Its cheaper in the mod department and more knowledge of what to do with those cars since they been out for a while.

An evo x is more of a daily driver and is heavier. It's has not been around for that long so modding will be more $$$. If you do get an evo x, then get the 5speed manual instead of the SST tranny found in the MRs.

Good Luck
Thanks for the heads up. I cant justify buying a go fast car with a auto. It just doesnt make sense to me. I like the looks of the X better but i am more concerned with performance than anything. I am more of a straight line guy at this moment but then again the only cars i have had were built for that. Once i get an evo i may change that mindset!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by PatricksEvilEvo
I would really seriously consider buying this
http://watertown.craigslist.org/cto/3121498497.html

I'm not one to recommend buying an already built car but this is great.
It does look like a professional build. Super clean. I may have to contact this guy. I think i saw it for sale on one of the boards somewhere as well. Hell of a price also. Wonder what the catch is?
Are you nere this car? Have u seen it run? Do you know the guy?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:52 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SnakeCharmer 07
It does look like a professional build. Super clean. I may have to contact this guy. I think i saw it for sale on one of the boards somewhere as well. Hell of a price also. Wonder what the catch is?
Are you nere this car? Have u seen it run? Do you know the guy?
I saw this car about a year ago. It's beautifully built by some of the best in the business. There's a build thread on the forum, too, if you search.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Well ive read that the ACD pump tends to go out often and its not cheap, but Im not certain as my Evo doesnt have ACD maybe someone with an ACD evo will chime in. As with the Evo X's the SST tranny overheats when pushing the car and it goes onto limp mode but there are aftermarket oil coolers for that.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:56 PM

front end difference

I got a question to add. Why exactly do some evos have the front end decal on the pyramid of plastic, and some are the simpler three diamonds on the mesh? My first guess is the MR or not.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

The evo 8 has a different bumper than the 9, the 8 has the emblem on the bumper and the 9 has it on the grill. Totally different bumpers.