Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Brand New Evo Community Member

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand New Evo Community Member

Hey guys I'm Dave, I am a brand new member tho the Evo forum and I'm glad to be one. Unfortunately I don't have an Evo... yet. I'm only 17 I know some of you ate going to hate but all I can say is im working hard for my Evo and I'm almost there! I plan on getting an Evo VIII or Evo IX not sure which yet but I'm sure this community will help me decide. I currently drive a 03' Hyundai Elantra. The Elantra is my first car(not mine because I didnt buy it but I pay insurance for it since I drive it). I am a pretty experienced driver I can say at the least. I got my liscence Back in August and I have a clean driving record. I have to pay for insurance for this car once more for a 6 month plan before I get an Evo according to my parents. I am for sure going to be under their insurance like I am now because if I won't be I'll be paying like a zillion dollars for it. I surely do plan on purchasing an Evo off a fellow member because I know the car is/was treated right. I do plan on become a more experienced Evo enthusiast from this point and on and I hope the more experienced members will be more thean happy to help me achieve this. Well I don't have too much time on my hands at the moment so I'll just end this little introduction here(that and I don't want you guys to be reading a novel).

Last edited by Polish Stud; Aug 26, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mean an VIII or a IX ? There were no VII's available in the US. What Im gonna say here is what everyone is gonna tell you. At 17 is not a good idea, but if your responsible and have a good job to keep up with maintenance and even if you gonna have it under your parents insurance it might not be that high, but if they have you under the insurance you're still a liability. If you think You can do it go for it, you live and you learn.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:29 PM

Yes I did mean Evo VIII thanks for pointing that out. I'd say I'm more responsible now then I was when I first got my liscence. When I am to purchase my Evo I whole heartedly do plan on respecting the road and rules like I currently do and I sure as hell wouldn't mind going to the track to get a little crazy. My current car(my dads, but he pretty much gave it to me) I am babying like I would anything of mine. I'd say I'm ready to take the responsibility of owning an Evo. As well I plan on being an active everyday Evo member!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

When I was 17 I drove... hmmm my dads Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra hah, well hopefully you can get your Evo soon.