Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Lancer help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2002, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer help

Hey guys, im new to this board and this is my first post. So it goes like this. I really dont know much about cars at all and Im not gonna be in the market for a newone untill about next summer. Anyways lately lancers have been catching my eye all over the place and I checked them out and saw that they dont have much stock hp and was wondering if they are easily upgraded to make faster and whatnot. Any feedback would help.

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2002, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Not really, unless you get a turbo kit or nitrous.
Intake, exhaust, and header netted import tuner an 8hp power gain
Old Jul 21, 2002, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

It seems that everyone see's Lancer's driving around where they live, I haven't seen one, not one besides mine ahhhhhhhhhh. Oh well maybe one day....
Old Jul 21, 2002, 07:07 AM

How much do turbo kits run, how much hp would one roughly add and also how easy would it be to maintain seeing as im not very automotive inclined?
Old Jul 21, 2002, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

In the upper right hand corner, click search and type in turbo, plenty of reading
Old Jul 21, 2002, 07:13 AM

Damn you guys are speedy with those replies
Old Jul 21, 2002, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Haven't a clue on power...none of the turbo owners have timeslips or dyno sheets
Old Jul 21, 2002, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

I am just bored and have nothing better to do with my time right now.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 07:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by b_tapper
Haven't a clue on power...none of the turbo owners have timeslips or dyno sheets
zlancer DOES have dyno numbers, but no sheet. The numbers were so unflattering that they're most likely accurate. He's also running low boost and I believe he said his piping sucks as well. Lemme see if I can find that thread real quick.

EDIT: Here you go.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Lancer help

Originally posted by Soul Burn
I checked them out and saw that they dont have much stock hp and was wondering if they are easily upgraded to make faster and whatnot. Any feedback would help.
Same reply to the same exact thread by another n00b:

So many funny n00b questions. The Lancer will not gain any interesting levels of horsepower without SERIOUS work. I'm talking a better spec camshaft (with stronger valve springs for the higher lift duration, not to mention lifters themselves), a cam gear (properly tuned), higher compression pistons and the other good and fun bolt ons, as well as including some mild fuel tuning. That will of course cost you very serious $. As will a competent and properly tuned turbo setup which is retailing for barely under 4k at low boost and no FMIC, and I'm not including the higher turbo tunes with serious fuel management and upgrades or the install price. The Lancer with basic bolt-on = slow but hey, you did tune it a bit. A high spec NA tune is reasonably fast (in theory) but not as fast as it could be (RMR had to add stronger rods to up the compression (so it seems) on their car which again is $). A turbo Lancer is definitely quick but still, nicely tuned Type R's (hell even a stock one perhaps) could eat you up still (depending on the numbers the turbo is churning out). Many many variable to consider. Making this car fast (without a shiny bottle in your trunk, is an expensive task.