Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Just Another Newbie With Newbie Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Another Newbie With Newbie Questions

Hey everyone, so recently I joined the many other EVO fanatics when I purchaces my very own 2001 EVO VII a few weeks back. It's all standard other then the Apexi cat back exhaust I put on yesterday. Will post pics of the EVO once I get home from work

I have a newbie question, I have searched hi and low on this site for the answer but nothing i have found has been quite what i was looking for.

So the question is: Is the factory ALS/SAS that is on my EVO VII any good and is it worth keeping?

I have been in the market for intakes and see that most do not accomodate the outlet that pipes to the ALS/SAS valve. Is there a reason for that?

Any help would be much appreciated
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:39 PM

Oh yea Im Kevin by the way, I was so eager to introduce the EVO I forgot to introduce myself haha
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome! Sorry I don't know about the antilag systems my foot and exhaust is my antilag. Lots of things come up on google about it, research there a bit more.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:15 PM

Sorry i should explain a bit more. Reason i ask is because i see a lot of guys on here removing the factory SAS valve and associated pipes to the mani. I was wanting to know if this was for a good reason or if it was because they were upgrading the mani and intake.

Sorry if this is real newbie, i just cant seem to find any info on this.Im hoping someone who has done it before can fill in the gaps.
Thanks for the welcome, very addicted to this site now
Attached Thumbnails Just Another Newbie With Newbie Questions-evo-back.jpg   Just Another Newbie With Newbie Questions-evo-front.jpg   Just Another Newbie With Newbie Questions-evo-engine.jpg  
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Really nice car!!!!!!! I wish I could get this same one here in the states, I'd trade you.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:34 AM

Cheers, yea bit lame how you guys only get the 8 onwards, TME 6.5 FTW IMO. I've gota say tho I love the evo 7 I can't believe I took so long to buy one. No regrets tho takes a few ****ters to make you appreciate a price of art.