Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New to the forum...Not to cars..SR20 Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the forum...Not to cars..SR20 Enthusiast

My name is Ashton and I'm new to the forum, sort of. Been browsing for the last week or so. Ive been in the import scene since 99 and primarily a B13 SE-R enthusiast. I own a 92 Sentra SE-R, that made 716whp,423wtq on 29psi on a BW S400SX billet 67mm on a fully built SR20VE-T. Car went 10.5@149.2mph with a very ****ty launch and then two other 10.6's with missed gears and letting off at 900ft mark. Ive owned 3 se-r's since being in the scene and this one the longest at 5 1/2 years. I'm looking at moving up to a newer better platform and ive been into the Evo's since my buddy first purchased his 03 evo back in 2007 w/ 42k on the clock and got it for $8k....long story.

But ive done all his modifications, clutch jobs, and maintenance and his car now has 135k miles on it and really all hes had to do was those several clutch jobs because he cheaped out the first two times on the clutches then finally got an ACT and now hes on a Twin Disk, other than that hes had to replace tires and brake pads, lol. Still runs like a champ.

As for me Im currently working in Afghanistan for my 2nd year contracting, Ill be home in March completing my 2nd year. I am currently parting out the Sentra and will either sell the chassis or keep it and put a simple all motor VE in it just to keep as a spare car.

Ive got a direction I want to go when I finally get my evo and would like to DD it with around 500awhp on pump gas. Should be easy enough with my knowledge and skill and the tuning skills of the one and only Jorge at JMS Racing who tuned my SE-R and is currently the highest hp fwd SR in the country and fastest mph SE-R in the country.

Just looking to settle down and enjoy a nice all around DD that i can autox and take to a road course and occasional drag racing as im naturally a drag junkie and have been doing it for a long time, but also be able to take the family on a road trip or trip to wherever without issues. Looking for a mix of all around looks and performance. Just waiting for the right deal to pop up for sale that I cant pass up on on an 8 or 9.

All in all its good to be apart of this great forum and looks good and well ran. Im sure you will be seeing a ride thread from me sometime next year.

In parting, here is my SE-R and if you search ashtonsser on youtube you will find a lot of vids there.

Enjoy
Old Nov 2, 2012, 01:13 PM

Nice build. And welcome to the site.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome. Nice build. I've always been a Nissan fan.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SR20's are amazing. My nx2000 was one of my favorite cars. The way it revs so freely and it sounds so nice. I always wanted a sr20ve neo vvl the higher end one thats like almost 200hp.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 03:09 PM

The VE's have come a long way, On the east coast they have a 2.0L high comp VE that made 260whp on ITB's and so on, Made 232 on a manifold and tb, Couple 2.3L stock stroke big bore VE's making in the 260-280whp range on manifold and TB setups, 2.4 stroker big bore motors making 300+whp

Again also great for boost. My head is a stock valve, stock port other than port matching on the exhaust side and polishing. Intake ports untouched. N1 cams.

Im actually gonna end up keeping the sentra and just do a simple High comp all motor setup on it. Throw the rest of the parts i have for it on and clean it up with a new bumper, headlights, and grille. Should be alright.

Ill be waiting for a deal on an evo as im in no rush to pay a premium for one. Again i could care less if it needs work or maintenance or whatever. Perfectly capable.