Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Please help me decide which Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help me decide which Spark Plugs

What's up Forum. I need help deciding which spark plugs are best to use on my 8. I have been using the BPR7EIX, but before the tune they were swapped to BPR7ES and gapped at 19. I have had an experience where when im on WOT it feels like it knocks badly.

Im currently tuned at 27 psi on E85 making 354 whp on a Mustang Dyno.
I have full bolts on, cams and Evo 9 Turbo with FIC 1250s.

Please let me know which ones to use.

Ive searched, but it seems most use BPR7EIX, BPR7ES, BPR8ES so im confused by this. Which is the correct ones to use on the set up my car is in??

Thanks guys
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BR8EIX

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...s-evo-8-a.html
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by adriano_917
Thanks for being the only person to reply I really appreciate it that you took your time to reply a quick answer. Are those spark plugs the ones you would use on a 355 whp evo? Most threads i have read say no to use those unless you are in a big turbo or 400+whp. That is why im not too confident on throwing those in on my car. I already ordered them, and ill give them a try, but im going to be scared doing wot pulls
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:36 PM

If your still having problems with plugs after trying those, try changing the gap.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Im pushing 352whp and they work perfect, when I got the car it had Ngk Bpr7es and as soon as I switched to Br8eix's I felt a difference. For Christmas Im gonna buy myself the Spoolinup dyi cop and see what the fuss is all about.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:11 PM

Im pushing 352whp and they work perfect, when I got the car it had Ngk Bpr7es and as soon as I switched to Br8eix's I felt a difference. For Christmas Im gonna buy myself the Spoolinup dyi cop and see what the fuss is all about.
Oh I see. I was running NGK BPR7EIX before, but then before the tune the shop put the 7ES which is the copper ones. They always say they are cheap like its a big deal honestly I don't mind paying for good spark plugs because I know they are going into my car. If those are the ones to go with just because they are cheaper than I don't want those because money is not the issue. But if they are used for the reason that those are the correct ones to use then I don't mind using them.

I got the 8EIX, and installed them I'll do some wot runs, and see what kind of face it those.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by joshua_s
If your still having problems with plugs after trying those, try changing the gap.
Thanks man I'll keep that in mind
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:24 PM

Here are two set of BPR7ES I have gone through in just a week. The ones on the right are the ones that were on the dyno session. Top of plug is like a whitish color to it, and half of the circle is black and white. I don't know if that is what they call Fouled Spark Plugs??? If its is then that's why they the tuner told me to change them, but why would a dyno tune finish with a set of bad spark plugs. If I had a good set would I have made better boost or power??

The ones on the left are the ones I changed after. On these spark plugs I was messing with the synapse dv, and installed it on pull mode. After this I noticed at wot it would knock as it was building boost. The knock was so hard that it felt like my engine was about to quit. So, now I'm in push mode. I don't know if that has anything to do with what is said lol

Sorry, its the other way around I meant to say left then right.
Attached Thumbnails Please help me decide which Spark Plugs-20121120_220212.jpg  
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

The spark plugs look normal. If youre getting knocking go back with the tuner. Whats the gap on the plugs ?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:21 AM

The spark plugs look normal. If youre getting knocking go back with the tuner. Whats the gap on the plugs ?
Do they really? To me that whitish color looks like its not normal. Its basically like if powder was sprayed on top of it.

Most of the spark plugs are supposed to be a tanning color, but these are different.

But anyways the BPR7ES were gapped to 19. The new ones I just threw them in without gapping them. I

I just saw that you mentioned BR8EIX, and I bought the BPR8EIX I wasn't paying to much attention.

Thanks though for your opinion it means alot to have someone keep on replying kind of like staying by my side

Thats what we should all do, come together and help fellow Evo owners who have problems with their cars.