Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Old Evo 8 owner wants feedback on 2012-13 Evo X MR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Evo 8 owner wants feedback on 2012-13 Evo X MR

Hoping some 2012-13 Evo X MR owners here will read this and answer some of my questions.

I had a 2003 blue Evo 8 years ago, sold it cause I needed the money at the time. It made almost 400awhp and was pretty much a go-kart around the bends. I'm at a point now where both the wife & I are in a comfortable enough situation to be looking at a new car.

Originally we were going to get a BRZ, even test drove an FR-S a few days ago and I was fairly impressed. Brought back memories of my 1991 MR2 Turbo.

After looking around and thinking about it some more, I found myself looking at Evos once more. We have a 3-year old and even though the BRZ would be sufficient, I like having the idea of 4-doors and maybe slightly more trunk space.

We currently drive a 2009 Lancer GT-S so we're familiar with the chassis and interior.

My question to you current Evo X MR owners is, how's the ride quality, interior build and overall feel of the car? Is it significantly more livable? The suspension doesn't shatter your spine? How are the new Recaro seats? And most importantly, how is the road noise on highways around 70-80mph? All these questions are assuming everything is stock still.

We live in New York City, right in the heart of Manhattan. I commute to work 3 times a week and drive to pick my kid up from school 5 days a week. So this will become a daily driver in every sense of the word.

Any and all comments are welcome, and if anyone has some pictures of their stock interior with the touring/premium package (sat-nav, leather Recaros etc etc) I'd appreciate it tremendously
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry posted in wrong forum, can someone delete this thread?