Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My car's whp on Mustang Dyno

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car's whp on Mustang Dyno

Hey guys I tried posting this in the Parts Service & Tuning Review section, but I guess the modulator thought my posting was to vague.

Basically I wanted to see what you guys think about the power I got out of my evo 8.
So, like the title says I was tuned on a Mustang Dyno.

Here are the results:

324ish on 93 oct
355 on E85

Im guessing both maps were tuned at 27 psi.

Here are my mods:

Evo 9 stock turbo, Cams, ETS Intercooler, ETS ICP Kit, ETS Cat back, ETS Exhaust Manifold, Megan Racing Down Pipe, Invidia O2 Housing, Invidia Test Pipe, FIC BlueMax 1250 injectors, 255 Walbro Fuel Pump, Synapse DV, GrimmSpeed EBC, Omni 4 Bar Map Sensor.

Should I have made better power? Or does it sound just about right.
I was thinking I could bump up the boost on E85 to 30 psi on an Evo 9 turbo. What do you guys think?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
It still is kind of vague. Are you running stock ecu? Who tuned your car? What does the a/f & timing look like? How much torque did you make and where are you hitting full boost?

Stock motor? You using a stock clutch? Give us all the details.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63Rules
It still is kind of vague. Are you running stock ecu? Who tuned your car? What does the a/f & timing look like? How much torque did you make and where are you hitting full boost?

Stock motor? You using a stock clutch? Give us all the details.
First of all thanks for replying.

Stock ECU, Clutch, and Motor.

316 Torque/ 322 whp on 93 oct
346/355 on E85

Im new to this whole dyno graph thing so I might be wrong on the hitting full boost. If im right it says im hitting full boost around 3400 to 3500 rpm.

Tuned by SSP In Texas now changing their name to Kozmic Motorsports

Last edited by EvoVIII_03; Dec 8, 2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That power is pretty spot on for your mods, and being on a mustang dyno.

You got to realize that Mustang dyno's are to be considered "heart break" dynos because some claim they read lower, some claim they are more accurate to your cars power... Whichever the case may be, it seems pretty accurate with your mods.

DynoJet dyno's seem to be more inflated and read "higher" so to say. But breaking 300 on a mustang with a stock turbo is impressive, 355 on e85 is also good on E85 with stock turbo, that'd be over 400 on a dynojet
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pssst
That power is pretty spot on for your mods, and being on a mustang dyno.

You got to realize that Mustang dyno's are to be considered "heart break" dynos because some claim they read lower, some claim they are more accurate to your cars power... Whichever the case may be, it seems pretty accurate with your mods.

DynoJet dyno's seem to be more inflated and read "higher" so to say. But breaking 300 on a mustang with a stock turbo is impressive, 355 on e85 is also good on E85 with stock turbo, that'd be over 400 on a dynojet
Yeah I've heard that alot about being a "heart breaker", but for some reason I thought Ive seen cars do close to what Im doing with less mods. But, hey now Im comfortable hearing someone say that its right on the spot.

Thanks for your response

But, just so I could feel good im going to get a few pulls on a DynoJet

One other thing, I think part of the reason why no further attempts were made to gain a little more hp was because of my stock clutch. I could remember the tuner making a few pulls, and as he was trying to switch gears the car would just rev up like if the car was in neutral. So maybe they just said F*** this I can work with this bad clutch

Im going to get an upgrade clutch, and have it retuned and see what it does then.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah those are good numbers for mods and on a mustang dyno
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoVIII_03
Yeah I've heard that alot about being a "heart breaker", but for some reason I thought Ive seen cars do close to what Im doing with less mods. But, hey now Im comfortable hearing someone say that its right on the spot.

Thanks for your response

But, just so I could feel good im going to get a few pulls on a DynoJet

One other thing, I think part of the reason why no further attempts were made to gain a little more hp was because of my stock clutch. I could remember the tuner making a few pulls, and as he was trying to switch gears the car would just rev up like if the car was in neutral. So maybe they just said F*** this I can work with this bad clutch

Im going to get an upgrade clutch, and have it retuned and see what it does then.
The car could make more, however your getting up there on "safe dependable long lasting" TQ levels on the stock block. Full spool was moved up to 3500 to help with that and allow the 340+ ft/lbs. We can push it as hard as you want(a few more signatures on the tuning waiver can obtain this ), but this is our normal "Daily Driver" comfort zone on the stock block.