Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2002, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer

I am hopefully getting a lancer tomorow, I am getting it for 15, it has spoiler, OZ tires and such, since i am broke, i'd like to know what for a 100 or 2 bucks i should get to make a quick cool look. Maybe like some underlit Neons, and some winshield lights, or something gay like that, anyone wanna help me? it's silver 2002 Lancer OZ rally
Old Jul 24, 2002, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

for two hundred bucks get an intake. neons and those windshield wiper lights aren't worth the sweat on my dills
Old Jul 24, 2002, 02:21 AM

I'd recommend an intake or a short throw. The short throw makes it much more drivable than that stock granny shifter it comes with...

++schmeckp
Old Jul 24, 2002, 02:22 AM

If you don't have the money for show and shine upfront. Think performance.

For under 1 bill you can get a strut bar, makes a big difference in cornering. Very recommended.
Also, consider intake or exhaust. Granted you will pay up to a couple of bills each for these, but again, worth it.

But if your into show and shine more than performance (actions speak louder than words), paint your washer plaids and get some glowing lights for the washers, perhaps some silicon hosing change your lamp colors, or pick up a hooker.... Let them do the showing.....
Old Jul 24, 2002, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Cool For looks

You could save one or two more hundred and smoke the windows and drop it an inch or so with Eibach springs. I just had springs put in looks sweet.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

the lancer is a pretty attractive car... if you only have a limited income...id say do something simple like intake...or a muffler... then save up more and do more... for me... i do one "performance" and then one "show" because my income is kind of small... well good luck with your lancer
Old Jul 24, 2002, 04:25 PM

I'm not exactly sure if it's in the correct price range, but tint always looks nice.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 04:28 PM

Get an intake. I got the injen makes your car sound way better.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 07:55 PM

thanks guys, please post more if you think of anything else, these sound great so far.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 12:09 AM

injen intake good or bad

since you have the intake I was looking at i was wondering what you think of it and did you install it or have it installed. if you did install it, is it a difficult process and do you need any other parts to accomodate it? any info would be sweet.

Last edited by Superleggera; Jul 28, 2002 at 12:13 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 12:17 AM

Yea I'd say intake or shortshifter. Both of those are realy good mods for early on and they make a difference. Looks later fellow...
Old Jul 30, 2002, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

I agree go for the speed.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Re: injen intake good or bad

Originally posted by Superleggera
since you have the intake I was looking at i was wondering what you think of it and did you install it or have it installed. if you did install it, is it a difficult process and do you need any other parts to accomodate it? any info would be sweet.
we helped each other install our intakes... and no it was not hard to do at all, it was just time consuming on the first install becasue we had only a rough idea of what we needed to do. but on the second install it took us half the time and was a little smoother process. you dont need anything besides what comes with the intake. well tools obviously. you need a 10mm wrench and a screw driver, i think thats it, oh and a pair of channel locks or a vise grip. thats about it. the intake comes with good instructions.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Go with an intake, preferably (sp?) the Injen CAI or AEM CAI.

Good luck.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

RRM intake and heatshield and RRM hood scoop will run about 150. You'll get colder air than a CAI and have a bigger filter. End result = Best intake combination.

Quick Reply: Lancer