Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Clutch Break-In period?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Clutch Break-In period?

I just installed an ACT Street Disk clutch kit with Streetlite Flywheel. Does the break-in period include having 1st gear shuttering or vibration? It happens when letting go of first gear to get the car to start rolling. It seems kind of like when you don't add enough gas. I've read, and done the clutch pedal adjustment. Also, I only have 50 fresh miles on this new clutch since I don't drive far just back and forth to work.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:04 PM

my streetlite shuttered the whole time I had it in.... personally don't think I will put another one in my car. but your break in period is the same as normal.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by >BlazinEvo<
my streetlite shuttered the whole time I had it in.... personally don't think I will put another one in my car. but your break in period is the same as normal.
Thanks for the quick reply. I really needed to know if it was normal since it's the first it has happened. I installed an exedy clutch last year, but just an oem replacement, which I didn't want so I did a clutch job all over again. I guess our cars don't like Light flywheels huh...and I was already going to purchase the Prolite Flywheel that ACT makes. Good thing I didn't.