Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

FP Black Build or Sport Bike?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ don't listen to that guy I you have never really ridden a bike a 600 is great to start with my buddy and I say theyll all kill you just as fast as for gettin bored with a 600 the n I'd say yes your ready to step up but telling a new rider to get a bigger bike is stupid, with a 600 you can hit the twistys much easier and it's a lot more fun it's a lighter easier to handle an has plenty of power IMO I've ridding bikes from 600 all the way up to a busa ( first bike I learned to ride on) and I can say I have a blast on 600s I've taken it to over 172 but have out cornered every 1000 that some newbs riding. Just remember if you choose a bike ( like said there's nothing better then riding on a summer day ) always respect that bike and know it can an will kill you the second you don't respect it. Good luck buddy and hey I think ninja 636 is a great choice pure race bike out of the box fast fun and great handling.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
I would probably go with the bike.

If its your first and seeing you want a Suzuki I'd go with the 06/07 GSXR 600. Great fun bike. I had a black/gunmetal one last summer. The 600 did get boring though - but you can avoid it being boring if you ignore the power it has and enjoy being on two wheels. Riding it on the highway is not as nice as the 1000 since you are at higher RPM 6000k+ usually... The seating position on a 600 is also more aggressive.

My favorite bike of them all was the 07 CBR 1000RR I had two years back but probably not the best bike for a new rider.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by badev0
I would probably go with the bike.

If its your first and seeing you want a Suzuki I'd go with the 06/07 GSXR 600. Great fun bike. I had a black/gunmetal one last summer. The 600 did get boring though - but you can avoid it being boring if you ignore the power it has and enjoy being on two wheels. Riding it on the highway is not as nice as the 1000 since you are at higher RPM 6000k+ usually... The seating position on a 600 is also more aggressive.

My favorite bike of them all was the 07 CBR 1000RR I had two years back but probably not the best bike for a new rider.
+1
eventually you might want more power but by then you know how to handle the extra power and weight
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DsmGuy86
^ don't listen to that guy I you have never really ridden a bike a 600 is great to start with my buddy and I say theyll all kill you just as fast as for gettin bored with a 600 the n I'd say yes your ready to step up but telling a new rider to get a bigger bike is stupid, with a 600 you can hit the twistys much easier and it's a lot more fun it's a lighter easier to handle an has plenty of power IMO I've ridding bikes from 600 all the way up to a busa ( first bike I learned to ride on) and I can say I have a blast on 600s I've taken it to over 172 but have out cornered every 1000 that some newbs riding. Just remember if you choose a bike ( like said there's nothing better then riding on a summer day ) always respect that bike and know it can an will kill you the second you don't respect it. Good luck buddy and hey I think ninja 636 is a great choice pure race bike out of the box fast fun and great handling.

Apparently you aren't suppose to listen to me because Im trying to save you money from buying a 600 and then by the end of the season wishing you went bigger. Funny thing is no 600 will get to 172 because they have no *** on the top end but ok. Apparently I know nothing and this guy is such an expert...

Get a 750 if you get one for your first. At least then you have room to grow on it but its still tame like a 600. You wont regret it. Have fun and I loved being on two wheels.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tdt1805
Apparently you aren't suppose to listen to me because Im trying to save you money from buying a 600 and then by the end of the season wishing you went bigger. Funny thing is no 600 will get to 172 because they have no *** on the top end but ok. Apparently I know nothing and this guy is such an expert...

Get a 750 if you get one for your first. At least then you have room to grow on it but its still tame like a 600. You wont regret it. Have fun and I loved being on two wheels.
Lol I will disagree with you. Newer 600's are far from boring. Had an 09 zx6r and I trapped 130 in it and it kept pulling hard on the top end. Had a 2011 zx10r and that scared me. Been on bikes since I was a kid and can honestly say that was very hard to behave on the streets. Did 90ish in first and pulled hard up to 190 or so. At least with the 6r I could horse around a little bit. 10r you had to have some room to run through the gears

Main thing is to get a bike and get comfortable with it. Always pay attention to your surroundings and learn to ride it correctly. Can't tell you how many bikes I have beat in my car that I shouldnt have. Most people have no place riding a bike
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Semih321
I have ridden for a total of 5 hours on a 98 CBR f4I 600CC...looking to get a used gsx-r 750CC. EVO is the DD....BUT I live 1.2 miles from my work....and I have a GF so I can make her drive me or take her car if needed lol. I do have my motorcycle license.

Guys, he is looking for a 750......
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

First off you have Obviously never taken a 600 to its limits i have made my r6 hit 172 on a straight before, never said it was easy but ive done it quite a few times before ingot the death wobbles at 146, i smartened up after that, and saving money or making sure a new rider doesn't eat **** I think that's more important and more enjoyable then saving the extra $ yea any rider is going to want more but the newer 600s are awesome and plenty fast.

Yes a 750 is the best of both works I'll give it that but the guy has ridden a bike for 6 hours. Op I would say a bike over a build but if I were to give you my opinion on a bike I would say stay off of a 1000 for your first bike like I said a 636 is a beast bike extreamly fun to ride a 750 depending on how big you are can be much more comfortable to ride good luck man and rubber side down.

O and be very wery of stupid drivers for some reason were invisible.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

First this talk about how fast a given bike will go in this thread with a guy that is looking to buy a bike with 11points is not the smartest thing. If your are looking for a newer gsx-r 750 then that bike is night and day from that f4i. Not only power but handling. I had an 08 750 and loved it, only got rid of it because I was a picky rider. Weather had to be just right lol, plus it was a hobby not a DD.

All I can say is think of the risk involved. Like said before, everyone is on there phones and not paying attention. I miss riding sometimes but I dont miss all the close calls not only from other drivers but things in the road (debris, animals, water)

Have you looked in insurance on a given bike. With your driving record it may be pretty high. You stated that a 5xx hp evo with your driving record may not be smart but a bike is the same way. It all comes down to being smart with a little thing called throttle control. Good luck with your decision and im sure you will have fun either way
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Pretty sure my original post told him to get a 750 or 1000 cause 750 is best of both worlds. Dsmguy just has a stick up his a** and is just trying to make him self feel better by running his mouth.

Again OP get the 750 and love it. Be safe and watch out for others.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Pretty sure my original post told him to get a 750 or 1000 cause 750 is best of both worlds. Dsmguy just has a stick up his a** and is just trying to make him self feel better by running his mouth.

Again OP get the 750 and love it. Be safe and watch out for others.
Actually jacka$$ I was suggestion not a 1000 and stating your reson of saving money is a dumb reson to buy one considering he's brand new on a sport bike but hey it's up to the op not us I'm not here to have a competition with some Internet bad a$$ that took offense of someone saying you gave bad advice think about it when you got your first bike being a 600 I assume at that point wasn't it plenty for you and fast enough? Sure now that you've riddin for x amount of time you want something bigger just like modding a car I think 99% of us can agree that maybe one week your goal is 450 an then that turns into 650. And besides a 636 or a 750 Is the biggest I mean a 250 can kill you just ride safe man and enjoy it. have a nice night
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been riding for over 10 years and had my share of 600s and 1000s so I figure I'd give some insight from experience. In your situation, it would make the most sense to go with a used GSX-R750. Those will trap well over 130mph+ out of the box and will keep you entertained and competitive on both the street and track days.

Yes you can sink 30k into an Evo and make it turn 9s but it will never challenge you the way a motorcycle does. When you get bored of dragging knees, you can move onto dragging elbows, or learn to do wheelies or get into stunting - the learning process never ends.

I'm not saying fast Evos aren't fun (mine only has 450whp so I can't talk) but going fast in car in a doesn't require nearly as much skills (or physical fitness for that matter) as on a bike, especially on a road course.

Unless you're rolling in money, doing big builds (Evo or not) never make sense financially because you'll never see that money again. I'd even go as far to say it could even hurt your resale down the road. Conversely, motorcycles actually hold their value fairly well as long as they're more than a few years old and in reasonable shape.

Whatever you do, make sure you take the safety course and get some quality gear (at least helmet, jacket, gloves and boots) . Good luck
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:47 AM

Gentleman thank you for all the awesome input...I am so glad to hear from experienced riders and the great community we have here. A few people made some key points that opened my eyes which helps alot.

I am looking to a 2007 GSX-R 750....I want particular model and year....for pricing reasons among others. I believe I will grow out of the 600 very quickly. I am 6'1 and weigh 215 pounds so I am not a small guy here. My friend with an R1 is begging me to start with a 1000 but I think that would be foolish of me.....I like going fast...I love twisties etc....however I will respect the bike for sure if it is what I will go forward with. I think I need to get this out my system....building the EVO has been my goal for the past year as well but I think the fact of being on 2 wheels on a nice summer day is something I cannot compare anything to....even though I have a total of 6 hours on a bike lol. It's just a big debate because I already have the turbo and manifold etc....but my car is already fast....new....and people scare me when they say you do a big build and problems become a daily thing. I like the fact that the car starts every morning with no problems....I just hope I am as mature as I think I am for this bike....because the family sure does not think so lol.