Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

evo 9 six speed problems 3rd gear stuck

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013 | 10:40 PM

Unhappy evo 9 six speed problems 3rd gear stuck

hello fellow evo drivers i have recently got myself my first evo its a evo9 aus delivered with 6 speed box, my problem is that its done about 95000km's so i no cars usually star encountering problems around these k's i was driving along doing about 70k's in 3rd gear put my down a little bit after clening the airflow meter to see if it had made a difference which it did but when it came time for me to slow down and change 2nd gear but my problem is that the clutch is working but will not come out of 3rd gear now if anyone can please help me on what to do or who i can take it to i live in sydney please help i am in desperate need of help
Old Feb 23, 2013 | 03:59 AM

Make sure nothing is blocking the shift selector on the transmission. If nothing is blocking, then most likely your 3rd/4th slider is damaged and can no longer freely move over the hub. A transmission rebuild service will have to take place. I had a similar issue on my 98 eclipse GSX. Had to replace 3rd/4th hub/slider, double syncroes, and shift fork. During 3rd/4th gears shifts a dragging clutch caused shift fork to push on the slider which was blocked by syncroes. Due to resistance a friction between shift fork and a slider overheated the slider and it cracked in multiple places.

Last edited by 1998_GSX; Feb 26, 2013 at 03:07 AM. Reason: .