Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Evo x 08 (for me)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Evo x 08 (for me)

Hey guys! Ive been lurking around on the forums and signed up today!
I just purchased a 2008 Evo with 50k on it from a dealer and I have to say...What an incredible car!
I have just a few questions.

From what I can see, theres a few mods done already.
There's a Bov and some kind of tuned exhaust as well as a cold air intake.
When the turbo spools up its really quite audible, makes a loud kind of intake sound then the blow off on release. Could that initial sound be the intake? or is that the blow off making the all the sound.
Also, are there some things I may need to check to keep her running good as a daily driver?
Lastly, is there any way to see what kind of exhaust I have?

Looks like a great community out here guys and im excited to be in the evo club!
Old Mar 3, 2013, 03:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome and am sure you are going to love your X. i do not have a X but i will answer the sample questions for you. The cold air intake will make the turbo audible. Am sure that if you post the exhaust pictures,somebody else in the forum will know it or have it on a X.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have one though the post above is likely correct. The intake will make it noisy, and you'll really hear certain BOVs, especially if they don't recirculate.

Congratulations on the car. Did you happen to buy or receive any warranty? It would be helpful if you did and that it included whatever mods were currently on the car.

I suggest that, with an intake, BOV and exhaust, you have it professionally tuned right away. You don't know what tune it has on it, and the car needs one with those mods. A fresh tune will make sure everything is tip top for those mods, make sure it doesn't run lean, etc. It's the first thing to do really, presuming you have fresh oil.

Then you might ensure it has fresh transmission oil. Make sure the dealer did the diffs too, at 50k it's time. But get the car tuned, and until you do, try not to race it around too much at WOT.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take some pictures of the different mods and exhaust, post them up here and people can help you identify the different pieces.