Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

HI everyone new to your Forum and need help from you all!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013 | 09:54 AM

HI everyone new to your Forum and need help from you all!!!

hello everyone i am ninjavirus i currently drive a 06 civic turbod with lots of mods, it has been a great car. i have made a job change recently that is yeilding me alot more money and all though i love my civic love it! i would like to step it up to a Evo. probably a Evo 10 GSR i like the pwoer output stock and the fact that it is allready turbod is very nice turboing a NA car is a headache somtetimes. plus it looks very easy to get power out of. im not looking for a racecar this will be driven daily but it looks like 400hp is DD status on these amazing cars. not only the car but the comminuity seems very friendly. when ever i run in to Evo guys at the track or the street they are always some of the nicest car owners out there. they seem to be having the most fun at events in and outside the car. they always help me when i need it broke my clutch linkage test and tune night at the track and know honda guys even cared it was a group of 8 EVo ppl that came and helped me with tools flashlights and redbull! anyways love the car and the ppl so i wanna get down, and now i have the funds so.... here is my questions that i need experienced EVO owners to answer plz.
1.what are the power limits tranny and motor wise?
2.boost limits with stock turbo?
3. which one would u get i love the 06 but the 08 seems more in reach for me price and availbility wise.(for some reason insurance for me is alot cheaper with the 08 gsr too.)
4. reliable? bout how many miles u get out these things befor major problems start happening?
5.MR or GSR? i really like a standard just makes me feel like im doing something (plus Modding cars for me is a hobby that i cant stop its addicting my civic was suppose to be a DD and i just kept on with the boost lol im sure u guys can relate. isnt the GSR better formodding cause im sure i will not stop i cant!)

any other input on these fantastic cars is welcome plz let me know how u feel and think about your car no matter what year or model. i know alot of this info is on the forum but i wanted to introduce myself and hopfully make some friends to advice me on this big puchase i will be making soon. thanks everyone for reading this and plz comment have a great day

Last edited by ninjavirus; Mar 8, 2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2013 | 02:43 PM

anyone??? help plz????? come on talk bout your evo!