Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I Finally Did It!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Finally Did It!!!!

Hey Everyone!

Quick little story... In 2004 when I was 18 and just graduated high school I was driving a truck. After I graduated I made a little bucket list of "Realistic" cars that I'd own someday. I broke it down by category...

---------------------------------------

Someday I'd own:

FWD: Acura RSX
RWD: Nissan 350Z
AWD: Mitsubishi Evo VIII (Remember, this was back in 2004)

---------------------------------------

Shortly after I graduated high school in 2004 I sold my truck and was planning on using it as a down payment on an RSX. I ended up coming short and settling on a 2004 Toyota Celica. Man that thing was slow. So I spent all the money modding the suspension since the engine was a lost cause.

In 2006 I crashed my Celica and with the insurance money I came across a 2005 RSX. With the car I decided to go towards the "stanced" route

By 2010 my RSX had reached 140,000 miles. I decided it was time to trade up. So I sold it and purchased a 2005 Nissan 350Z. With my Z I wanted to make it more functional since my previous car wasn't

In 2012 it became more and more apparent that my Z wasn't practical... I'm a professional photographer so I carry around a lot of gear (Power generators, tripods, light stands, lens bag, camera bags, etc.). So I went to trade it in for an Evo X. But when I found out that the back seats didn't lay down I ended up with a 2012 Ralliart.

I really liked it at first, but it still felt like I came up short... The car was fun, but it wasn't quite the Evo. I went in to the dealership to get my routine oil change yesterday. I joked around with Sam (salesman/manager) at the dealer about trading in the RA for an Evo... long story short I ended up driving home in a 2013 Cosmic Blue Evo X GSR. After creating that bucket list almost 10 years ago I finally completed it.

I love my car... to me personally it's perfect. Spacey, fast, and looks amazing. The wide rear hips, the hard lines, the aggressive mouth in the grill with the IC basically saying, "What's up?!" The car feels unlike any car I've ever owned and I plan on having this car for a long time.

My old Octane Blue Ralliart next to my new Cosmic Blue Evo X

Thanks for reading

The End~
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the EVO man! Nice story as well. My buddy bought a brand new OB X in the middle of summer. Ive always been more of a 8/9 fan myself, but the Xs have grown on me. I would def buy a brand new one. They have improved a lot.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Congrats on the EVO man! Nice story as well. My buddy bought a brand new OB X in the middle of summer. Ive always been more of a 8/9 fan myself, but the Xs have grown on me. I would def buy a brand new one. They have improved a lot.

Thanks! I've always liked the aggressive Evo look ever since I first saw an 8. I think they're all awesome. I'd love to own a IX MR some day along with my X GSR. They have a warehouse of untouched VIII's, IX's, and X in their warehouse of SE's, MR's, etc.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OherrOderr
Thanks! I've always liked the aggressive Evo look ever since I first saw an 8. I think they're all awesome. I'd love to own a IX MR some day along with my X GSR. They have a warehouse of untouched VIII's, IX's, and X in their warehouse of SE's, MR's, etc.
I heard something about a couple dealerships on the west coast has brand new untouched 8/9 and some Xs in a warehouse. I wish I could buy a brand new IX again lol, I would buy one in a heartbeat.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:54 AM

I heard something about a couple dealerships on the west coast has brand new untouched 8/9 and some Xs in a warehouse. I wish I could buy a brand new IX again lol, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

O yeah, Sam Smash (our local Orange County main dealer) is a huge Evo fanatic. He has them hanging out in a warehouse. He has a brand new Evo IX MR in their showroom
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

O yeah, Sam Smash (our local Orange County main dealer) is a huge Evo fanatic. He has them hanging out in a warehouse. He has a brand new Evo IX MR in their showroom
I wonder how much there asking for that new EVO IX MR lol. Thats awesome, I sure they will get a good buck for it.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:02 PM

Congrats on the upgrade!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck with the new ride
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:09 PM

Great story man, any plans for the Evo?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:08 PM

(sob sob)

Great story.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:47 AM

I wonder how much there asking for that new EVO IX MR lol. Thats awesome, I sure they will get a good buck for it.
I'm pretty sure way more than the sticker price back then

Originally Posted by kuskus
Congrats on the upgrade!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by itsmrrizz2you
Good luck with the new ride
Gracias mang

Originally Posted by phe_nom
Great story man, any plans for the Evo?
thanks, for now I just want to get ride of the 4x4 status and I hate how sunk in the wheels are...

I'd like to get coils, 25mm spacers, and a cf front lip (for now) then save and get some basic bolt ons and a tune

Originally Posted by blasting_speed
(sob sob)

Great story.
Thanks

I appreciate the warm welcome everyone!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

i don't think they're selling it though. you're talking about the GG IX MR right?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by davey111483
i don't think they're selling it though. you're talking about the GG IX MR right?

Haha yeah, the one that has the "Do not touch inside or out" sign everywhere
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

What a tease leaving a brand new GG IX MR in the showroom and not have it for sale I bet they will ask a lot for the car if they do ever intend to sell it at one point. I wish I could see some pics of the car in brand new form again. I couldnt see any on there website lol.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

should have looked into the golf r

Quick Reply: I Finally Did It!!!!