Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I'm New

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2002, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where's that?

Yep, you got it from us. I won't ask who your salesperson was, to save him the embarassment.
Unless you want to tell me...But seriously where is Durby? Never been out to it. And hey, at least we are going to get it for you, I read/hear a lot of people on this forum complaining that the dealers don't even have a clue who RMR is. I'm responsible for ordering most of that stuff, and the black one we have with the intake, exhaust and leather and the white one on 17's were all my handiwork. (Well, Mr. Murphy's money, the technicans handiwork, you know what I mean.)
Old Jul 29, 2002, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, as a person, my salesman ROCKED. I'm just picking apart the car now (which I do to every car). But I really enjoyed him. We stayed for HOURS just talking to him (I'd like to think he wasn't just making me linger).
The only serious problem was the center cap
He made sure he had a nasty red pin stripe that came on the car taken off (which I'm glad of that).

I worked with...emm....SHOOT! Clint!
I'm going to give him a perfect score on his sheets when I get them (not only so that I get a free tank of gas out of it, but because)

Durby = Durby Parkway out on 459 at the Dog Track. They hold SCCA events out there once a month. You'll have to come sometime! Its really fun! Lots of different cars out there.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Oh...

Clint...I think I remember you now. Yeah, he is a moron. Next time you talk to him, tell him Skeet said so.

Remember though, don't mail in your survey - BRING it in and hand it to Clint, that's the only way you'll get your tank of gas or oil change.

I'll have to check that SCCA thing out. I knew they had it out there, just couldn't put the name of the road together with the place. Gotta get those KONI yellows and Eibachs on my car before I can even think about competing though...
Old Jul 29, 2002, 07:02 AM

Nah, Clint is alright! Just got a little pressure happy washing the car, nothing major.
And yea, it was hard not to notice us up there throwing a fit trying to get his attention to get the car, but he came thru and I drove home in a new one!

What do you do there? Maybe I'll start dealing with you when I bring my car in. hehe.

And yes, i'll find out when the next SCCA meet is and we should meet up and race together....
Old Jul 29, 2002, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like a plan.

Nah, Clint is alright!
Yeah, I was only kidding, he is a good guy and a friend of mine.
Just got a little pressure happy washing the car, nothing major.
Now, our clean-up/detail department is another story...
What do you do there?
I'm one of the salesman, and the Internet/EOT (End of Term) Manager.
And yes, i'll find out when the next SCCA meet is and we should meet up and race together....
Sounds great, keep me posted.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by StreetLancer
Well, it has 103 Wheel hp...
actually,

that is based on a dynotest importtuner did, (coulda been scc, or somebody else, but definetly a mag) I don't believe Mitsu ever published the whp figures on this car.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 03:48 AM

GPTourer:

I had a talk with Mr Clint today
I hurt his feelings aparantly!! Bah. He's a good guy, and I guess I should be nice to him. Honestly, I've never had another tight salesman that didn't just suck and want to give me extra options on a car that noone in their right mind would want. He wasn't pushy, and he was just pimpin anyway. I tried to refer another girl to him yesterday, but I guess she doesn't like my suggestions.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

I don't believe ANY car company has really released a true and accurate WHP on their vehicles.... I could be wrong...

I know it was off of Import Tuner, in that Buschur Racing article, and that was the Base WHP.

In any case, I was just saying it really doesn't matter what the claimed crank is because that's more power put to the ground (less lost from the engine if that 120 number is accurate) than most FF cars that I've heard of. Might be why the Lancer has a habit of keeping up with cars it really shouldn't go up against.
Old Aug 5, 2002, 08:50 AM

Bro is right, exhaust/intake systems are mainly noise...but you'll get about 10 hp out of it, but remember...just because they aren't big hp boosters doesn't mean that they aren't great performance mods to put on your car. (i.e. helping air flow etc.) If you really want speed, you've got to do the turbo thing (In my opinion) there's really no avoiding it. Peace out and happy tuning! Mallory