Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I'm New

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2002, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm New

Hey.
So I had made a post about being new in Off Topic, but I seriously have
some questions about this car.
When I was at the dealership, my salesman was on the "not so bright" side of the line that day aparantly.
Now, right now I have just a stock OZ model, and was wondering the HP that comes stock (yea, I know i should have researched the car BEFORE i bought it, but oh well..)

And I am having the RMR exhaust/intake put on it next weekend. How much will that jump the hp?
Old Jul 28, 2002, 06:21 AM
In Timeout

Hi,

The Lancer comes stock with 120hp
The intake and exhaust are mostly noise mods 5-10hp at the most
Old Jul 28, 2002, 06:26 AM

That's what we were figuring. The salesman was trying to sell to us that it was around 160hp. And, of course, neither one of us believed him on that. I'll worry about power in it later (because I'm notorious for speeding and don't need the extra "umph" right now.)
Old Jul 28, 2002, 06:28 AM
In Timeout

Most salesmen, don't know much about the stuff they are selling. If I was a salesman..I'd so know my product
Old Jul 28, 2002, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

LateApex you ignorant ****... j.k.

Serious, yeah, don't listen to the dealerships about ANYTHING related to this car. It took my local dealer until about last week to stop sayin "huh" when I asked about RMR.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 06:36 AM

I learned on my first car not to listen to the salesman. Yesterday I just found something I liked (I mean REALLY liked) and I bought it. It drove really smooth, and with the exhaust, it was awesome! The only reason I didn't take the car home with exhaust/intake is because I didn't want a leather interior and that's all they had the full-package on. I'm partial to cloth interiors for some reason.

I'm really disappointed in the dealerships nowadays. They should make the sales people learn about the cars every time they get new ones on the lot! That way, customers know what they're taking home!
Old Jul 28, 2002, 06:40 AM
In Timeout

But it's great making the salesman look stupid, when he has to ask you about the car

10 minutes at carpoint.com or edmunds.com will make you an expert on any car.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

seriously..i went into the local mistu. dealership a couple weeks ago to ask them if they could sell me a rmr intake. the guy greets me and i ask, "hey, do you guys sell any rhys millen racing products.like their intake or anything?"..then the guy says.."uhh..let me ask my manager..car intake? be right back." car intake??? i said air about 4 times but he kept saying car. he musta been new or something cause he had the most clueless face i'd ever seen..darn those dealership employees..

edit: lancers supposedly come with 120 hp..but really only push about 103 ..so the intake and exhaust should help a bit..especially in gas mileage
Old Jul 28, 2002, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Well, it has 103 Wheel hp... what mitsu claims is crank hp. And, even that is debatable. It has been thought that it is losing very little to the wheels if it is indeed at 120 (even for a ff set up car), so, it is possible that, mitsu, for whatever reason they might have had, may have actually claimed the crank hp LOW. Who knows?
Old Jul 28, 2002, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Wink

Hey chicky,I have the RMR exhaust/intake it sounds nice. Keep us posted on your mods. (( ENJOY the site))
Old Jul 29, 2002, 04:54 AM

I'm hoping the exhaust/intake will be set up this Wednesday. The salesman called today (the idiot) and he copied the wrong side of my insurance card and was like "btw, your parts should be in tomorrow" so I'll take it up there to get done Wednesday because they said I could borrow any car on the lot as a loaner! (fun).

I'm also making him fix my center cap. I TOLD him not to pressure wash the car before he sold it to me, and he was "uhh..they don't pressure wash them back there"..and what happened? The car came around front and "mysteriously" the paint was warn off the center cap. He was like "remember how I said they don't pressure wash them? I was wrong". So I was a little more then upset. I was also promised a replacement cap.

But otherwise, I'm going to ride out the factory warranty on the car, and then put a turbo on it. I don't believe in stickers, so the majority of my mods will be under the hood (where I believe they belong).

How does the car really fair in turns? I plan to drag it out to the next SCCA, and was wondering how it might do with that. Need something new to drive up there.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Hi chick, welcome to LF if you want to improve turning, check out RRM....www.roadracemotorsports.com. they have a nice front strut bar and are debuting their rear tie bar this week. i personally have the RMR strut bar and as soon as it was put on you feel a serious difference in turning capabilities. enjoy ur stay here
Old Jul 29, 2002, 05:41 AM

So I'm looking at the high flow cat, the throttle body, the eibach spring kit, and the anti-sway bar.

Do any of them void my warranty (if so, I'll just wait, but when i start modding that'll be a start)
Old Jul 29, 2002, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Which dealership.

'Chick, I notice your near our area...which dealership did you buy your car from? If you have questions about RMR products I'd be glad to help you. Not all salesmen are clueless.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 05:52 AM

I bought from Murphy Mitsu up in Alabaster.

Do you ever go to the SCCA at the track on Durby?