Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

In the market for an Evo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the market for an Evo

I have been looking around for an Evo. I am leaning toward an 05 or 06 MR. I have also looked at an 06 SSL? I haven't yet gotten to schedule any test drives yet, but I was just wonder similarities/differences between the MR and SSL? I know the SSL have a 5 speed gearbox but other than that I'm not entirely sure?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 01:12 PM

The models are techncially MR and GSR. SSL is just Sun, Sound and Leather package. Other than that, its just a typical IX. I have an SSL and I love my black leather Reccaros with my black evo. The moonroof is nice to have here in Cali. The sound is okay but nothing to write home about.

Most people arent fans of the MR due to its 6 speed tranny. Mitsu basically threw a 6 speed into the 5 speed casing so naturally its a little crammed and not as beefy. MR has an aluminum roof and a comes with a vortex generator. The BBS wheels are a tad bit lighter. There is a few other minor things, but its all personal preference.

If you plan on modding and getting power out of the car then consider a 5 speed. Otherwise, if you keep it stock, you can look cute in an MR. Whenever I tell people that I drive an evo the first thing they ask is..."Is it an MR?!?!" and when I say no they say "Oh...its just a normal/slow evo...". They don't know what they are talking about and that there is 500 horses under the hood.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsu...tion#section_8

Lots of info.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by bdonIX
The models are techncially MR and GSR. SSL is just Sun, Sound and Leather package. Other than that, its just a typical IX. I have an SSL and I love my black leather Reccaros with my black evo. The moonroof is nice to have here in Cali. The sound is okay but nothing to write home about.

Most people arent fans of the MR due to its 6 speed tranny. Mitsu basically threw a 6 speed into the 5 speed casing so naturally its a little crammed and not as beefy. MR has an aluminum roof and a comes with a vortex generator. The BBS wheels are a tad bit lighter. There is a few other minor things, but its all personal preference.

If you plan on modding and getting power out of the car then consider a 5 speed. Otherwise, if you keep it stock, you can look cute in an MR. Whenever I tell people that I drive an evo the first thing they ask is..."Is it an MR?!?!" and when I say no they say "Oh...its just a normal/slow evo...". They don't know what they are talking about and that there is 500 horses under the hood.

I am planning to get some more power out of it so sounds like more consideration toward a 5 speed. Thanks for the help.