Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New evo owner

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New evo owner

Got a 2003 evo last week...I made it 5 miles before it spun some main bearings....I had checked it out before purchasing but I guess I should have sampled the oil. Ran fine, no engine knock or anything. I didn't drive the crap out of it either. Removed the pan to reseal the oil pump housing and lost my guts. Oh well shi* happens and u gotta get over it. This was a buschur built car. Used to be EVODOM's car. Looked like a good buy, I think I got it for an alright price so I should still come ok.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear I bought a "clean" 03 last year.

Supposedly new clutch.

500 miiles later its slipping and i have 5th gear grind. o well.......
Old Apr 23, 2013, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FamilySedan
Got a 2003 evo last week...I made it 5 miles before it spun some main bearings....I had checked it out before purchasing but I guess I should have sampled the oil. Ran fine, no engine knock or anything. I didn't drive the crap out of it either. Removed the pan to reseal the oil pump housing and lost my guts. Oh well shi* happens and u gotta get over it. This was a buschur built car. Used to be EVODOM's car. Looked like a good buy, I think I got it for an alright price so I should still come ok.
Man that's awful! You're handling it better than I would. Have you contacted the previous owner and see what he has to say?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah. I know he had nothing to do with it. He purchased it from Dom and only put 700 miles on it. I think that they didn't clean the engine good enough from and previous bearing failure. So this car since it has been sold on the forum has only went 700 miles. Supposedly had a fresh build with 1500 miles on it. Just goes to show ya that even tho a car says its built one way (show quality) it may be built another....(poor)