Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

From Oahu DSM Tuner now Evo 8 Owner

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Oahu DSM Tuner now Evo 8 Owner

Aloha and for those who don't know what that means exactly "Hi".

I bought a 2005 EVO and I do not know a lot about them. After a little Google searching I happened upon your forum. It looks good, and has a wealth of information. I've already found a Vendor I seem to like very well, although most of my purchases come through ExtremePSI and Street Tuned Motorsports. But enough about that lets talk about me.

I love Mitsubishi . I love DSMs . I've been working on cars in general for about 4-5 years now. I am currently and actively pursuing my ASE certifications. I am also starting up a business and hopefully will be a listed a recognized vendor among the DSM, Mitsubishi and Mopar community. I have owned too many cars and motorcycles. I have a small amount of experience with CeddyMods and and Evoscan for my current 98 Eclipse GSX, and hopefully that experience will carry over. I've already been reading over much of the forums tech section, and tuning section.

My newly gained Evo 8 had 138xxx California highway miles on it a month ago when I found it. It was previously owned by an old guy who only took it out on nice dry weekends, garage kept too. I do not plan on doing much of any engine, bolt on, power modifications or how I call it "Molesting" of the car, because besides some small scratches and 3 small dings its perfect. No rust, all of the bolts are new looking, and most of the factory paper sticker tags are still on everything. I have only bought some Enkei Raijin 18x9.5's and am considering instead of the replacement OEM front lip a rexspeed type v lip from Lancershop.

Anyway that about wraps it up.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:22 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums. You're gonna love the evo! If you're thinking about getting the Rexpeed lip get it straight from Rexpeed. You can PM Derek of Rexpeed on this forum or go to their website Rexpeed.net. Let me know if you have any question about the 8. Also if your interested there's a couple of us that auto-x at the stadium.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:24 PM

Post pictures!!!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 03:04 PM

I don't have any pictures on my computer, just my phone from Instagram. When The Enkei Raijin's come in I'm going to do before and after photos.