Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Running lean

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running lean

Ok I'm stumped I been googling for days now my evo 9 is running lean like 14 13 with boost I changed the fuel pump to a aem 320 could the stock injectors might not be flowing as good I don't Evan know what to ask the car also has a tune as well my tuner can't finishing tuning the car intill I get from running lean any input will help thanks..

Sorry for the noob question I know I'm going to hear it but this is what forums are for to help each other out
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasonacura91
Ok I'm stumped I been googling for days now my evo 9 is running lean like 14 13 with boost I changed the fuel pump to a aem 320 could the stock injectors might not be flowing as good I don't Evan know what to ask the car also has a tune as well my tuner can't finishing tuning the car intill I get from running lean any input will help thanks..

Sorry for the noob question I know I'm going to hear it but this is what forums are for to help each other out
Your "tuner" won't finish "tuning the car until its not lean anymore? Isn't it his job to TUNE your car so its running optimally? Get a new tuner ASAP.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 07:11 AM

He thinks there is a problem some were else causing it to run lean we though the fuel pump was getting weak so I replaced that and that did not work no I just need advice on what else to check
Old Aug 29, 2013, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

He thinks there is a problem some were else causing it to run lean we though the fuel pump was getting weak so I replaced that and that did not work no I just need advice on what else to check
Boost leak? Fuel trims need to be thned
Old Aug 29, 2013, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
Your "tuner" won't finish "tuning the car until its not lean anymore? Isn't it his job to TUNE your car so its running optimally? Get a new tuner ASAP.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS. Get rid of that guy and get a real tuner who can find and fix the problem and tune the car and do it quick. Hell, its likely his tune causing the prob and he doesnt even know what he did or where to begin.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 06:08 PM

They say if there was a boost leak it would run rich is this true I've heard both its got good vacuum at idle about 18 if that helps anyone I'm going to check my wide band next to make sure it's not faulty
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by meckert
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS. Get rid of that guy and get a real tuner who can find and fix the problem and tune the car and do it quick. Hell, its likely his tune causing the prob and he doesnt even know what he did or where to begin.
Absolutely. This tuner incompetent.

They say if there was a boost leak it would run rich is this true I've heard both its got good vacuum at idle about 18 if that helps anyone I'm going to check my wide band next to make sure it's not faulty
Go to a new shop. They will find your problem and make you comfortable
Old Aug 30, 2013, 04:05 AM

Besides finding another shop is there anything I can check before I drop it off just to make sure it's not nothing else besides the tune
Old Aug 30, 2013, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Besides finding another shop is there anything I can check before I drop it off just to make sure it's not nothing else besides the tune
Onlything off the top are plugs, coils and wires. Fuel pump could be bad.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 05:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you check fuel pressure? What wideband are you using? What fuel and what rom? What's your idc at? What are your list of mods?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 06:06 PM

Ok fuel pump is a new aem 320 mods are full 3in exhuast Megan o2 housing perrin intake dnp manifold 22psi turbo smart waste gate just changed the plugs I used stock oem ngk irudiums the wide band is a zeitronix I'm using 93 oct and I never done a fuel pressure test I thinking he is using evo scan he never told me the idc
Old Aug 30, 2013, 06:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A fuel pressure test will test the fuel pump. It's pretty simple and will help you see if your fuel pump is working right. Log idc to see if you're running it off injector. shouldn't be with your set up. Lastly it could be your tune.