Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

13' Evo X GSR from Queens

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13' Evo X GSR from Queens

Hey all,

I've been on forums for 10+ years now, from cb7tuner to nycmaximas.org to legacygt.com and so many inbetween. Picked up my 13' Apex Silver on July 4th 2013 with 30 miles on the clock. Just hit 2000 miles yesterday morning. Basically a weekend car since I live close to and take mass transit to work.

My first experience with a turbo car was my 05' Legacy GT. I loved the sleeper style and soon caught the mod bug. 1 year later although still appearing stock (blackhoused headlights were the only non-stock item) car was FMIC, big turbo, fuel, bolt ons. It put down 315/315 which really disappointed me after so much work, so I sold the car and got a lifted XJ.

After tooling around with the XJ for a while and picking up a d.d. integra, I decided I needed speed back in my life. After a short stint with a BMW 328ci I traded it in for a great deal on my Evo. Had no intentions of getting an Evo, actually had my heart set on a 13' Accord Sport, but there were no 6 speeds in NY.

I always wanted an STi, but couldn't justify the price and when it comes to modding STi's are...lets face it, slow for the $$ you put in. Plus everyone and their mother has a white STi, so I figured i'd be a little different

Mods right now are very simple, consisting of a k&N panel filter and stock muffler mod (which i found out after the fact was pointless lol).

Goals for this car is a silent (stock exhaust) 350/350. I think this can be obtainable with UICP, LICP, intake, EBCS, dp, tp and protune. Am I having pipe dreams?

Looking forward to a long stay here and some help from fellow car guys.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums man. There's a plethora of knowledge in here!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evojay85
Hey all,

I've been on forums for 10+ years now, from cb7tuner to nycmaximas.org to legacygt.com and so many inbetween. Picked up my 13' Apex Silver on July 4th 2013 with 30 miles on the clock. Just hit 2000 miles yesterday morning. Basically a weekend car since I live close to and take mass transit to work.

My first experience with a turbo car was my 05' Legacy GT. I loved the sleeper style and soon caught the mod bug. 1 year later although still appearing stock (blackhoused headlights were the only non-stock item) car was FMIC, big turbo, fuel, bolt ons. It put down 315/315 which really disappointed me after so much work, so I sold the car and got a lifted XJ.

After tooling around with the XJ for a while and picking up a d.d. integra, I decided I needed speed back in my life. After a short stint with a BMW 328ci I traded it in for a great deal on my Evo. Had no intentions of getting an Evo, actually had my heart set on a 13' Accord Sport, but there were no 6 speeds in NY.

I always wanted an STi, but couldn't justify the price and when it comes to modding STi's are...lets face it, slow for the $$ you put in. Plus everyone and their mother has a white STi, so I figured i'd be a little different

Mods right now are very simple, consisting of a k&N panel filter and stock muffler mod (which i found out after the fact was pointless lol).

Goals for this car is a silent (stock exhaust) 350/350. I think this can be obtainable with UICP, LICP, intake, EBCS, dp, tp and protune. Am I having pipe dreams?

Looking forward to a long stay here and some help from fellow car guys.
It's great how quickly the X gets to 400hp. I would atleast get a quiet exhaust not stock.