Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Do you acknowledge another evo on the road?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TwoFour
Same here!
ive tried being nice to those guys... one time i knodded my head and said what up and he peeled off when the light turned green...

maybe he thought i wanted to race?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

always wave and such, go evo owners!
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wave at everyone, but the friendliest people are the cooper owners. when im driving the cooper there always waving, smiling, nodding, etc
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:56 AM

I'll almost always say what's up to any enthusiast. When I had my bikes they'd always wave or nod.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Why wouldn't you wave? Sometimes I wave at STI owners too...heh.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Being from a town where im the only Evo, i wave at STi's, 350z's and the other day a 370z.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MRevolutionIX
coming from and still being apart of the subie community. i can tell a big difference between subie and evo drivers. when i drive the wrx, fellow subie owners acknowledge me but when i drive the evo and see another owner, its usually the oposite. i try and show the luv but its not always returned from the evo guys.
Aint that the truth..I've just about given up on waving to another evo, when I do they just stare you down like they're some kind of billy bad *** wannabe.

Originally Posted by Jackyll
I wave, honk, flash the brights or something to the other evos I see. Don't always get a response though. subie owners always at least give a nod though. srt4 owners always just give me a death stare though...
Neon owners are funny. There is one in my area, every time he sees me he revs the engine & basically drives like a tool. I guess he's trying to show me how fast his car is?? I pulled up next to him at a stoplight a while back...he looked at me, I looked at him and he just stared forward. The light turned green and he just motored off slowly.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:17 PM

I always acknowledge the Evo guys around here. I know most of them, so its always cool to see other Evos on the streets. some of them are dicks though. lol. As for the Subie guys, I've had quite the opposite experiences with them. They are usually the cockier guys around here, and are the ones that usually try to race you, 90% of the time they lose too! lol.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

I usually wave to Evo and DSM folks and just because im a friendly fellow i wave at the scoobaru folks as well. I don't have an Evo yet though I'm usually in a porsche or my buick
Old Feb 15, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are several Evo's near my home and my work, and they ALWAYS acknowledge me with a wave or a high-beam flash, and I always return the gesture. I really do feel like part of a family of Evo drivers! Sometimes I'm not paying attention though, so my response is too late for them to see. Scooby owners here are a bunch of hard ups though. They either ignore me or want to race. most of em want to race. There are also several tuning shops geared to scoobies near my work and near my home. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 04:55 PM

I always wave at fellow Evo owners.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

any time i see any nicely done cars... or stock whatever car im driving.. i always pull up next to them and give em props... so far... all the G's i have pulled up to returned the favor... 80% of Z's wont even look over and wanna race lol... and as for older evo's i have had maybe 3-4 give me props for the X and about 10 pull up and wanna go... and when i dont... they speed up anyways.... and yea... there have been times when i thumbs up and have em run it thinking i wanted to race... stupid idiots i tell you... evo's are meant for the turns man... lol i couldnt care less how fast your car was in a line... how fast are you around a real track?

Its wierd... i get more props from subie owners than mitsu owners... oh an d of-course there are the moron civic-si and lancer folk who think they have me beat... oh man the look on their face is priceless as i downshift...
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

I will be honest I actually like SRT4's, yeah yeah, its just a neon, but at least it is a little nicer. But all they owners I have ever seen do indeed drive like complete TOOLSHEDS, always REVVING coming into a parking lot, like its a nascar, same thing with civic owners though. And the civic hatch? I never understood that car, slow, stupid, and probably the UGLIEST car on the face of the earth.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 09:52 PM

i definitely do!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:29 AM

Every one i've seen lately since i bought mine has either smiled, waved, or rolled down their window and shouted to acknowledge me. i do the same as well (minus the shouting!)

Quick Reply: Do you acknowledge another evo on the road?