Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Do you acknowledge another evo on the road?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2004, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I even acknowledge the Rex drivers if they are cool about it and most are. Evo drivers though, every time.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 08:36 PM
Account Disabled

It's cool to acknowledge other EVO drivers

[rant]

I don't think it matters what kind of car you own...

I'm sure there are just as many idiots driving EVO's as there are in any other kind of car.

Hondas, in my opinion, are awesome cars. I have a civic with a little money it into it that has never had a single problem. They just can't be touched in terms of reliability...

What other car can you have that runs low 14's, handles well, is fun to drive, never gets less than 28mpg no matter how hard you beat on it, has all the modern creature comforts, all for less than 7k invested?

Sure there are a lot of "ricers" driving them totally unmodded besides some fart can and cut springs... but that's what any idiot will do put in a car. Hondas are very affordable, so unfortunately a lot of them fall "victim" to these idiots. So don't hate on Honda’s, fords, Toyotas or any car manufacturer... hate the people that **** on them. And feel sorry for the cars they abuse.

[/rant]
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Acknowledge

I usually flash my brights or I give a wave. I have yet to see an Evo owner here in Chicago who hasn't waved back at me. We are so damn cool .
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah i would, I'd honk first to get their attention then i'd moon them because i'm jealous. j/k
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by TylerO@WORKS
It's cool to acknowledge other EVO drivers

[rant]

I don't think it matters what kind of car you own...

I'm sure there are just as many idiots driving EVO's as there are in any other kind of car.

Hondas, in my opinion, are awesome cars. I have a civic with a little money it into it that has never had a single problem. They just can't be touched in terms of reliability...

What other car can you have that runs low 14's, handles well, is fun to drive, never gets less than 28mpg no matter how hard you beat on it, has all the modern creature comforts, all for less than 7k invested?

Sure there are a lot of "ricers" driving them totally unmodded besides some fart can and cut springs... but that's what any idiot will do put in a car. Hondas are very affordable, so unfortunately a lot of them fall "victim" to these idiots. So don't hate on Honda’s, fords, Toyotas or any car manufacturer... hate the people that **** on them. And feel sorry for the cars they abuse.

[/rant]
However, you can be CERTAIN that the person that is driving an Evo is a hard core enthusiast...anyone willing to shell out 30k for that wing, stiff suspension, and maintenance schedule has got some dedication... In that regard, the Evo owner is no Honda owner.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

I always acknowledge a fellow Evo owner!! It's proper edicate!
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

I do...even STI owners...though one i saw the other day acted like I wasn't there while he was washing his car.....may be the start of a trend

fuq em anyways
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

I always do...for Evo's...also STI/WRX... One guy passed me in a black one on US1 and did a u-turn...
Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:15 PM

I always do, EVO, STI/WRX, any nice car.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

I always give an Evo owner the thumbs up. So far every Evo i've seen been really kewl.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 04:21 PM

I give a head nod or a thumbs up to any nice car that doesnt have an ******* in it. sometimes u cant tell ... most of times u can. & i've gotten quite a few nods thumbs from various Nice cars. s4's m3's sti ... how strange no american muscle cars tho.

EVO owners get special treatment ... cause i get this uncontrollable gigly smile ... since i'm lookin at the car and think damn thats sexy (evo owners prolly think im nuts or gay, since most of em r guys) but they always acknowledge me and give proper sign of respect.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 08:36 AM

always give a wave to a fellow Evo owner . if I spot one ahead in traffic I'll usually make an effort to catch up. if I've got time an it's feasible I'll stop for chat as well. haven't met an Evo owner yet who wasn't pleased to meet another owner and chat about cars...

generally wave to STI owners as well, unless they're being *******s. I find that WRX owners are often a bit insecure and only want to race so I generally don't wave to them unless they do first
Old Mar 3, 2004, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

of course. everytime i see another evo, (which isn't all that often), i make an effort to acknowledge them, usually with a thumbs up. I actually pulled up right beside another one at a stoplight, once in Raleigh, and another time in Atlanta. They were both very nice, asking what mods I had, telling me what mods they had. That's what it's supposed to be about. All these people who have a semi-fast car and they think their **** don't stink drive me crazy. I give thumbs up to any car on the road that I particularly like. I love cars, and just cuz mine is faster than most, doesn't make me, or my car better than anyone.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

I ALWAYS give some sign of recognition.

God forbid someone actually knows it's me in the car when I drive by....If I didn't wave, someone would undoubtedly post on the board that the evom Moderators are antisocial and evil cause they don't even wave! j/k :P

SC~
Old Mar 3, 2004, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Yep. EVOs, WRXs, and STis.

Quick Reply: Do you acknowledge another evo on the road?