Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Do you acknowledge another evo on the road?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2004, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
havent seen a EVO yet while i was driving. I gave a nod to a couple STIs
Old Mar 3, 2004, 09:13 AM
MP5
In Timeout

I prefer to throw the middle finger; everyone expects an acknowledgement so I usually oblidge them
Old Mar 3, 2004, 03:47 PM

i drive an oz, but i'm like the biggest wannabe evo owner there is haha...but i give thumbs up, honk, etc to evos on the rare occasion i see one. can't do the same for lancer owners though - by me at least, all the kids with lancers think they're hot **** and prefer to stare you down instead of a head nod or wave...do they realize its a lancer?
idk but people have to chill...the other night i was behind an evo bringing my friend home, and when the guy turned off into his apartment's parking lot, i flashed my brights, give him thumbs up, and just shouted out the window "nice ride" or something to that effect...i do realize i'm in a lancer and he probably thought i was some punk *** kid wanting to race or something, but i was at least in a lancer and i wasnt doing anything stupid like riding his *** or anything, i was just being friendly...so he decided to turn around and chase after me and act like a dick...what a shame, that's why i love posting on here where most people actually care about what they drive.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 04:04 PM

nod and thumbs up to just about everyone with a nice car =) nsx, sti, wrx, mk4, st185/st165, porsche's, ferarris, blah blah blah...list goes on forever...if its an enthusiast car...i'll acknowledge them =)
Old Mar 3, 2004, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today I actually did the "we're not worthy" thing to a silver evo, I lust the guy who drives it. He slowed down right away for me to get an even better look at it .
Old Mar 3, 2004, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

I've done the head thing, hi-beam flash and if I can. I don't see too many Evo's while I'm driving. If I am in my girl's ride I see more and she drives a Saturn.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

I flip them the bird and high beam there asses right before I try to run them off the road
Old Mar 3, 2004, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

I've only seen three other Evo's in my area personally. One is my friends (blue), one is a guys who was down here for a few months(silver), and one was an old lady...like at lease 50 (silver). The silver ones, I have only seen once each, never again. both times, they acknowledged me and waved back. There are so many riumors that all the kids at mall/burger joints/racetrack/road tell me about....saying that there is a red one over somewhere, or a yellow one that lives in the next town. I always ask around, but I'm pretty sure it's just kids trying to impress me with the whole "hey, I know a guy with an Evo, too" stuff. Personally, I don't care. I'd admire a $1,000 car that had some love and time put in to it before I admire some $30,000 car that the driver didn't want to be associated with car enthusiasts. It's all about the attitude. Some of the Scooby owners I have met have been really cool. Some have been dicks. SRT owners are the same way. I met a guy with a yellow one and ended up talking to him for about an hour about our cars. Then I ran into a red one on the road and all he wanted to do was race. We kept getting stopped at lights, and I kept asking him about his car, telling him that I liked it and all....All he would say was "hey, why don't you give me a run without launching". I never launch, but I guess there are enough Evo owners out there that do and that makes these kids think that the only way the Evo can ever be quick is if you do a 6,000 rpm clutch dump.....whatever. Drive that SRT around corners, dick.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ I like your signature.....
Old Mar 3, 2004, 07:24 PM

yea that's a real sweet signature
Old Mar 3, 2004, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Ran into a yellow one on Golf rd and 83 tuesday night. gave him thumbs up and he looked at me like I had a death wish for acknowledging him, sorry dude, but if your car is cool you will get a thumbs up!!!! (if i ever see a hot chick drvin an evo, i would probably crash my ride)
Old Mar 3, 2004, 07:41 PM

flash the lights and/or wave.
others seldomly respond, i guess they're stuck up! hehe
Old Mar 3, 2004, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
IF i see an evo I flash with high beams- they usually do the same..

Last edited by tweakdsm; Mar 3, 2004 at 08:41 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 08:43 PM

I always give a wave or thumbs up on the rare chance that I do see another evo
Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:45 PM

I acknowledge other evo owners but I give special attention to CRX's and ol skool mini cooper.

Quick Reply: Do you acknowledge another evo on the road?