Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

From genesis to evo

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014 | 08:04 PM

From genesis to evo

since I was 16 Ive always wanted a evo. in 03 when they came out I was jaw dropped. loved the look, the performance. fast forward 6 years. I had a s2000 and was looking for more room. a s2000 is hard to daily. I don't care what anybody says. I wasn't married at the time. didn't have a baby. couldn't carry my golf clubs in the car. it sucked in that sense. but it was a awesome car. loved the redline. loved actually being able to feel vtec. back in 2010 I was looking for a evo 8/9. a evo at that time for a 06 was still in the low or mid 20's. At the same time the genesis came out. rwd car. same price as the evo. could have loads of potential. for the same price of the evo I could have had a brand new car with like 10 miles on it and a 100,000 warranty. you can guess what I chose lol. over the years I moved on from different setups. top mount, then evo kit, then top mount again. ive had a blast in the car for the last 4 years. got to drift around in it. put my first aftermarket wheel on it. the car meant a lot to me as its the first car I ever bought off the lot brand new. I knew every mile on that car. every little mod and yes of course the first rock chip.

about a year ago I had my first baby. not to say it was hard to get the baby in and out of the rear seats. but I was looking for something a little more practical. the genesis was extremely loud for his ears. I had no intensions of getting rid of it. matter of fact btrcc tunes the genesis was going to come down in 3 months to tune cars. I was on that list. but being so far out Is kinda a drag. I was going to retune for 420 and keep the car. if the car already had that power I probably would have kept it and still have it now. but with the baby I thought maybe a evo would be a great move. so started looking at them. posted my car for sale and it sold. found a evo x that I really liked. in the x I only wanted white or blue since it has a weird black center in the grill. they make a red but its not a true red like the genesis. its more like a burgundy. so I found this gen. I didn't want to start from scratch so I was looking for a slightly modded evo. I found a ton of fully built evo 8/9 that I loved. even a 600 hp forged built one. but I wanted something newer with less miles.

I found this evo on craigslist. which I was surprised it only had 13k on it and was pretty modified. its pretty quick. and for no cats with just a muffler is the quietest car ive ever heard. here a pic of the car. thanks for reading.

Old May 14, 2014 | 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome. Pics of genesis?
Old May 15, 2014 | 03:38 AM

Old May 15, 2014 | 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

nice! love that lip kit for the evo x's. nice lookin genesis.
Old May 15, 2014 | 10:24 AM

Hi, and welcome.
Old May 15, 2014 | 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

I went from a 2012 R-Spec with a 30r to an EVO.

Not sure which one I like more.. even after a year, still miss the Genesis a LOT.
Old May 15, 2014 | 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome buddy. I own a Evo IX SE that I track as well as a Genesis Coupe 2.0T R Spec that I DD. I'm heavily considering selling my GC. A 2 door coupe just isn't practical for me anymore, definitely need 4 doors. I'm looking into a Evo X, 06/07 STI, hell maybe even another Evo IX, who knows. Anyways here is my GC, just washed her this morning.

Old May 15, 2014 | 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by powerdriver
I went from a 2012 R-Spec with a 30r to an EVO.

Not sure which one I like more.. even after a year, still miss the Genesis a LOT.
I still have a unsettling feeling about selling the genesis. its only been 4 days but im wondering if I made the right choice. I mean I love the evo so far but the genesis was my baby until I had a real baby lol. but I spent so much time into that genesis. plus im a drifter so now I have nothing to go out with when my buddies go out. so im def gunna miss that.
Old May 15, 2014 | 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

It's not even just that, the Genesis was more pure and raw. EVO is excessively refined and perfected. Driving the two is just night and day, it's difficult to explain
Old May 15, 2014 | 03:24 PM

I know exactly what you mean