Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

First time evo buyer seeks opinions- 2012 evo +

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time evo buyer seeks opinions- 2012 evo +

Ok boys, I've read the stickies etc so be nice! I'm looking for a few general opinions on an evo I'm interested in. Obviously I realize there's only so much one can say based on just an ad, but i'd appreciate a guess/opinion after looking at the pics (has had a few extras added) and the general specs. I'm wanting to know if the price tag is remotely worth it. Keep in mind this is Canadian dollars. I wouldn't pay more than $42,000, but if I think I should b able to get it cheaper obviously I'd try to!
I know it has low mileage as it was the previous owners weekend fun car.
I'll get more info on it, but for now... What do you all think? All I know is it's wicked fun to drive and pretty! Lol! I admit, I like the street racer look and would be interested in appearance mods to that effect (along with performance of course).
I'm in Vancouver BC btw, if anyone else is.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/4576960372.html
Old Jul 21, 2014, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
In the US, that is a horrible price, but up where you are that may be comparable. Looks mostly stock except for wheels and head/tail lights.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Bummer, ad is gone. 42k can translates to about 39k usd.
If this was a used evo, it better have had $20k in solid mods/labor with all receipts and less than 10k miles.

And don't listen to the guy saying get an 8/9. Totally different car. If you like the X, you will be disappointed with an 8/9. You can't replace age and general feel of newer technology. Yes an 8/9 will feel more like a race car, but last I checked most of us are buying daily drivers, not track queens.

**EDIT: Sorry forgot to answer your question. You should be able to find a MUCH better deal. Shoot, i had a feeler out for my evo with everything I have into it for $32k a few months back. Let me know if you're interested haha.

Last edited by NeedBoost!; Jul 24, 2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 08:38 AM

Thanks so much guys!

The car sold, which is ok because it was over priced even for BC, Canada (which is a retardedly expensive place to live). The dealer was using the fact that there's only a few of them available in BC right now as a major price inflator. Whatever, I'll go to the next province then, where there's quite a few more.
Having done more research, I have determined that an Evo is what I'm after. They didn't have 8/9 for sale in Canada, so there aren't many up here- just the odd one someone imported.
There is a 2008 evo x MR available, still a bit over priced to me, but in fantastic condition. We'll see. I'm impatient (lol) but in no hurry. I learned that 2015 will be the last year they'll be making evo's, so I would imagine that will make resale value better than average (not that I'd plan on selling).
Btw this car would be a weekend driver, not daily driver. I already have a boring car for that!
Does anyone have experience in importing from US to Canada? Or a link to a thread?