Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

help deciding if i should get evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is not an evo that is the BEST! the whole family is amazing. I personally have owned a 2005 MR and I currently own a 2013 GSR and both have been unrivaled by anything comparable. The maintenance is crazy inexpensive and the drive is so much fun no matter the conditions. I did a lot of research on which evo year would be the best and couldnt find enough draw backs for any. Now note the newer generation have less problems purely for the fact of newer and refined technology. Overall you can't go wrong with an evo of any year.

if done right all those mods will be great to be 400ish hp and still be reliable as long as you don't skimp on the parts and workmanship. The evo oddly enough loves being driven hard! all the gears mesh better, it runs smoother, and drives more sporty.

BUY AN EVO! DON'T THINK JUST ACT!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NINjeu
There is not an evo that is the BEST! the whole family is amazing. I personally have owned a 2005 MR and I currently own a 2013 GSR and both have been unrivaled by anything comparable. The maintenance is crazy inexpensive and the drive is so much fun no matter the conditions. I did a lot of research on which evo year would be the best and couldnt find enough draw backs for any. Now note the newer generation have less problems purely for the fact of newer and refined technology. Overall you can't go wrong with an evo of any year.

if done right all those mods will be great to be 400ish hp and still be reliable as long as you don't skimp on the parts and workmanship. The evo oddly enough loves being driven hard! all the gears mesh better, it runs smoother, and drives more sporty.

BUY AN EVO! DON'T THINK JUST ACT!
This is something that I have experienced while driving mine everyday. As so many have said here there is just nothing like driving one everyday. As for kids, I have nieces and nephews that always want to ride with me and they love they Evo.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coming from a V6 camaro and before that a 2014 mirage, the evo reduced my commute time from 40 minutes to about 30. Mostly country roads. The big reason is its ability to corner so well. It also makes passing safer because passes can be completed quicker. This lets me pass where a slower to accelerate car couldn't. It's a plain joy to drive, not just a way to go from a to b.

Surprisingly I have been getting some "nice car" comments from strangers and I'm fairly certain they don't know what the car is, they just think it looks nice.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Srt4guy I hope its not too late, but this is an evo forum and not too many on here will tell you not to get one. With that said, set a goal and dont let the mod bug get you. I know you said you are tired of breaking parts or breaking down, if you abuse any car it WILL happen. So take all you spirited driving to the track and dont be that honda guy who races everyone from stop light to stop light. The evo IS an upgrade fron the srt4, that just means more $$$, for maintenance and or supporting mods. Just dont be THAT guy who parts out the evo due to finances or buying house, wreaks the evo then talks bad about the car.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 01:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TJ03VIII
Srt4guy I hope its not too late, but this is an evo forum and not too many on here will tell you not to get one. With that said, set a goal and dont let the mod bug get you. I know you said you are tired of breaking parts or breaking down, if you abuse any car it WILL happen. So take all you spirited driving to the track and dont be that honda guy who races everyone from stop light to stop light. The evo IS an upgrade fron the srt4, that just means more $$$, for maintenance and or supporting mods. Just dont be THAT guy who parts out the evo due to finances or buying house, wreaks the evo then talks bad about the car.

Lol preach on but the last part of your statement is 65-75% of the people on this forum lmao.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes

Just try buyin a non moded evo but almost impossible now a days but there fun cars overall had mine for 2years haven't had any problems except clutch
Old Nov 10, 2014, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I changed my srt4 modded for a stock evo 8 a few years back

At first the stock evo power levels was no match to the srt4, only better when getting off the line because traction vs spin.

But after bolts on on the evo, it turned into a very fun machine, then upgraded the turbo = more fun; and now I'm building the motor.

I don't think I would trade my evo for anything at the moment.

Maintenance is a bit more expensive than the SRT4, but it doesn't need lots of it. Money will be gone on upgrades! not maintenance