Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Looking to make the switch

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to make the switch

Hello, I've been a die hard vw/audi fan for quite a while, and haven't owned anything else in the last ten years. With the new fsi kick that that vw/audi seem to be on, I am quickly loosing interest. I have been looking for something to fill the void. I have always loved the lines of the evo 8/9, and I am pretty over fwd at this point in my life.

My current daily is a b7 audi a4 quattro avant, I plan on keeping it for now, I'm really just looking for a new toy. It's a pig, but it gets decent gas mileage and does well in the winter.

Prior to this car my daily was a b5 s4, and it was the car that gave me the awd bug. It was a basic stage 3 with k04's and the awe fueling kit. This car was a ton of fun, I have really considered another now that they have come down in price, but it always needed something, and it was heavy.

I have a mk3 jetta glx that is pretty much just a sunday driver/ track toy. I've had it since 06 and have sunk thousands of dollars into it. I still love it, but at this point I only put a few thousand miles a year on it and drive it maybe 6 months out of the year. I want a toy I can drive in the winter at times, and I don't want to have to put slicks on to feel fast.

I've had a couple other mk3's also, one boosted, one stock, and I have a corrado that I will probably never get rid of as it has more of my blood and time in it than any car I've ever owned, even though you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at it.

Any other former vag guys in here?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
switch, won't regret it. smoke vdubs all day =)
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
pretty decent times there

Better test drive a 9 first and see how it compares, lighter more nimble maybe, plenty of head room to build later too.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 09:17 PM

Thanks, that's still on pump 93, a 1.6-1.7 60' should be easily within reach. I just got my launch control sorted out this year and don't quite have it dialed yet, also was running 11psi in the slicks and spinning. A bit more practice, race gas, and some minor tweaks should yield a high 10.

I looked through the drag racing section a bit, I like the amount of 8-10 second cars you guys have listed. If I buy an evo, I'm not looking for it to be any slower than my jetta, at least not for long. I wish there were more evo guys in the area, we have lots of dsm guys, but maybe 3 evos within 40 miles of here.

Last edited by _muppet_; Dec 18, 2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 09:29 PM

Deff do it!