Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

not an owner....yet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not an owner....yet

hey hows it going i started this account a while ago looking for info on evo's and now it officially time to pull the trigger on buying one. a little about myself im originally from Minnesota but now am stationed in southern california and am almost back to America with a wad of cash ready to spend it all on a nice car. unfortunately i think the one i was checking out might have sold already and the pickings on craigslist are not really as good as i thought they would be but im still searching so if someone has an extra laying around they want to sell ill take it haha.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 04:22 PM

Hey man, glad to hear that you are going to be an owner soon. Of all the cars I had, my Evo has been the best. I hope your search to find the right one will be soon. Any preference on which evo you are gonna get?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 04:40 PM

im pretty open minded when it comes to trim i guess i would prefer having the ssl and the mivec but the MR's look real good too. The factory spoiler is a must.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 04:49 PM

I see bro. And I do agree with you on the OEM wing is definitely a must.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by corwin06
im originally from Minnesota but now am stationed in southern california and am almost back to America
You are stationed in Southern California and "almost back to America"?

Welcome to the forums. Might as well try to get one while in Southern California, as there are likely a lot more here than anywhere else.

Originally Posted by corwin06
im pretty open minded when it comes to trim i guess i would prefer having the ssl and the mivec but the MR's look real good too. The factory spoiler is a must.
Well, you can have an MR with MIVEC if you got an Evo IX MR.

I agree on the factory spoiler. I went wingless for a little less than a year, as I got a Do-Luck carbon fiber trunk, pretty much the best one out there with a built-in lip. I don't want to say I missed the wing, but when I put the stock trunk back on, I thought it looked way better and more complete with it. I will never go wingless again.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 06:16 PM

yeah been on a MEU for 7 months just got to our last stop (hawaii) before going back to camp pedleton usually no one cares so i dont give specifics haha.

i think i asked on here a while ago why everyone goes 'wingless' and from what i gathered everyone was just tired of being pulled over but personally i think it gives it the rally car persona it deserves
Old Feb 16, 2015, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The weird thing is that I have always been fine, with or without the wing. Cops don't really care, those days are long gone (unless you have a really, really loud Evo).
Old Feb 16, 2015, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
The weird thing is that I have always been fine, with or without the wing. Cops don't really care, those days are long gone (unless you have a really, really loud Evo).

go the wing, its now back in fashion
Old Feb 21, 2015, 09:12 AM

Thank for your service! I think you can find a very clean one here in SoCal, search Autotrader they have a few low millage IX's I picked mine up about a month ago for 26k with only 28k miles, super clean MR SE and love it, and if you have cash in hand makes it a lot easier to bargain the price and gives you an upper hand, GLWB
Old Feb 23, 2015, 05:14 PM

find a car that has never been modded is your best bet. less drivetrain wear and tear.