Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I NEED an Evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I NEED an Evo

Whats up guys? I'm new to the whole JDM scene and I'm currently in the market for an Evo. I'm mainly looking for an 8 or 9 but I'll consider the 10's as well.

I currently drive a BMW 330i ZHP so getting into an Evo will be a bit different. I've always loved JDM cars and after driving my brothers 9, it's time to add another one to the family.

I'm mainly looking for cars around FL and I would also consider trading my car as it's currently for sale. I look forward to meeting you guys and if you have any leads, please feel free to post them.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
good luck finding a un-raped evo 8/9. if i was in your shoes, i would get an evo x GSR. they are quite awesome and i wouldn't mind getting one.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
if you can find a 8/9 that hasn't been raped, you'll enjoy it much more than the x imo. i say wait it out
Old Mar 22, 2015, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bmurray
if you can find a 8/9 that hasn't been raped, you'll enjoy it much more than the x imo. i say wait it out
Based on what? Im enjoying my X equally to the VIII I had. Actually, I prefer the X.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
Based on what? Im enjoying my X equally to the VIII I had. Actually, I prefer the X.
Just based on the test drives between each before i bought my IX. i like the more "raw" feel that the older models give. just my opinion though. to each their own of course. the x's are still super nice and i would own one for sure.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bmurray
Just based on the test drives between each before i bought my IX. i like the more "raw" feel that the older models give. just my opinion though. to each their own of course. the x's are still super nice and i would own one for sure.
Well I've never driven a X yet so I should probably go out and do that. How do the X handle power?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can make decent power out of x's.. but they always feel a little piggish. The desirable "raw" experience 8 and 9 owners enjoy is the feeling you get, like you're driving a larger go-cart.

it all comes down to personal preference. I started with an 8, bought a 10, then a 9, sold the 8, then sold the 10
Old Mar 23, 2015, 01:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prowakeskater
you can make decent power out of x's.. but they always feel a little piggish. The desirable "raw" experience 8 and 9 owners enjoy is the feeling you get, like you're driving a larger go-cart.

it all comes down to personal preference. I started with an 8, bought a 10, then a 9, sold the 8, then sold the 10
I wish we could get the 6. Thats the evo I would get if i wanted that japanese raw feeling car. And have an X as the main.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by prowakeskater

Yeah I like the rawness from my brothers 9, so I'll probably stick to the 8 or 9. Out of curiosity, what made you go from 8 to 9? I personally like the way the 8's front end looks and you can still make a lot of power from them too.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 07:16 AM

I also want to sell my car and get an Evo but cannot decide. My issue is that its going to be a daily driver so - more feels, more raw asshurt from long drives or less feels, less raw asshurt from drives...

My opinion may be biased b/c the only experience I have in an Evo 9 was one with some really small and deep Recaros that may or may not have been uncomfortable as hell.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdmguy
Yeah I like the rawness from my brothers 9, so I'll probably stick to the 8 or 9. Out of curiosity, what made you go from 8 to 9? I personally like the way the 8's front end looks and you can still make a lot of power from them too.
8/9 are the exact same **** when it comes to a performance platform. People like the IX because it is more rare, also there are trim differences.

Originally Posted by USAF_I2aven
I also want to sell my car and get an Evo but cannot decide. My issue is that its going to be a daily driver so - more feels, more raw asshurt from long drives or less feels, less raw asshurt from drives...

My opinion may be biased b/c the only experience I have in an Evo 9 was one with some really small and deep Recaros that may or may not have been uncomfortable as hell.
Every evo seat, as far as what you can get in the USA, has been a great seat. I find the X has the best seats by a long shot. As far as this whole "raw" thing goes, if im speaking honestly the and 8/9 dont feel all that much different. I had the same mindset, "i wont like the X because it wont feel like my 8". Then i drove it and said "damn, its still an evo!" It just feels like a slightly more refined 8. The super sharp handling is this there, well, its better actually and by a good amount. The rattles apparantly are still there too lol.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bhsj13
good luck finding a un-raped evo 8/9. if i was in your shoes, i would get an evo x GSR. they are quite awesome and i wouldn't mind getting one.
I've a VIII GSR and sold my 2008 X GSR..I prefer the VIII its a more raw rally sports car and if you can find one like mentioned above that hasn't been ruined and overly modified GL... Read the FAQ thread for sure.

I prefer the VIII/IX because of rarity of these cars today also.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

OP go test drive a X and then drive your brothers IX back to back. Should be a pretty easy choice IMO. I almost made the huge mistake of trading my IX in on a 2013 X back in 2012. Test drive was all it took, had me feeling like this afterwards. And I really really wanted to like the X.

As far as the 8/9 being the same performance platform I thought the 9 had a slightly bigger turbo and MIVEC which with mild mods made more power compared to the 8's.

Good luck with your search!

Originally Posted by USAF_I2aven

I love my IX as a DD but my commute is like 7 miles so nothing crazy lol. I will say that I drove it to my Grandparents one time which was 500 + miles each way. Never again!

Last edited by jdlewh; Mar 23, 2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
8/9 are the exact same **** when it comes to a performance platform. People like the IX because it is more rare, also there are trim differences.
Yeah I figured. I was really a big fan of the 9 trim for a bit but the 8 started to grow on me. Everything else thats different I'd probably be swappin out so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
I've a VIII GSR and sold my 2008 X GSR..I prefer the VIII its a more raw rally sports car and if you can find one like mentioned above that hasn't been ruined and overly modified GL... Read the FAQ thread for sure.

I prefer the VIII/IX because of rarity of these cars today also.

I think I like the looks of the VII/IX more than the X for the most part. I just prefer the more modern and comfortable inside of the X.

Originally Posted by jdlewh
OP go test drive a X and then drive your brothers IX back to back. Should be a pretty easy choice IMO. I almost made the huge mistake of trading my IX in on a 2013 X back in 2012. Test drive was all it took, had me feeling like this afterwards. And I really really wanted to like the X.

As far as the 8/9 being the same performance platform I thought the 9 had a slightly bigger turbo and MIVEC which with mild mods made more power compared to the 8's.

Good luck with your search!

I love my IX as a DD but my commute is like 7 miles so nothing crazy lol. I will say that I drove it to my Grandparents one time which was 500 + miles each way. Never again!

Already looking for an X to go test drive

Can the X front seats fit in the VII/IX's? They are definitely not the best car to drive long distances haha
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdmguy
Yeah I figured. I was really a big fan of the 9 trim for a bit but the 8 started to grow on me. Everything else thats different I'd probably be swappin out so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I think I like the looks of the VII/IX more than the X for the most part. I just prefer the more modern and comfortable inside of the X.

Already looking for an X to go test drive

Can the X front seats fit in the VII/IX's? They are definitely not the best car to drive long distances haha
I have heard of people putting IX seats in their X and people putting IX and X seats in their STI's. Just going by that I would see no reason why they wouldn't fit but that is by no means 100% certainty on my end.
EDIT: Looks like it's possible https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...y-evo-8-a.html

The only issue driving my IX long distances is no cruise control. I made the same trip in my stripped out 05 STi which was way more harsh as a DD than my Evo and had no issues because of cruise control.

Quick Reply: I NEED an Evo