Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Getting Recaros for the 15

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Getting Recaros for the 15

What is the probability I can try and negotiate or at least pay for a dealer to put Recaros in a 2015 model?

As soon as my STi sells I'm buying an Evo X asap. I don't want with modifications because I want to start fresh and do that myself. You can't have an Evo without Recaro seats.

If you think chances are slim, where do you guys recommend I look or go to buy the ones that come in the previous X models? I would like for those to be as new as possible. Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It's a safety feature on the new car. Dealer won't change it.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud0307
What is the probability I can try and negotiate or at least pay for a dealer to put Recaros in a 2015 model?
0%.

Get a '14. All the recaro, none of the bull****.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Ya that's what I figured
Hopefully the dealer will or can find me the one I want.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Ya that's what I figured
Hopefully the dealer will or can find me the one I want.
I played the "only the exact car i want" game for like 3 months before i settled on mine. I got the trim level/options i wanted, but instead of octane blue or rotor glow i got phantom black.

BTW Phantom Black is a way cooler color in person. Pics dont do it justice.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jakeleclair2000
I played the "only the exact car i want" game for like 3 months before i settled on mine. I got the trim level/options i wanted, but instead of octane blue or rotor glow i got phantom black.

BTW Phantom Black is a way cooler color in person. Pics dont do it justice.
Ya I have never seen one in person. I can go weeks and not see an Evo where I live but Subarus are everywhere. I'm so excited to make the switch. I want the wicked white but will keep phantom black as a back up. Looks pretty in pics so I'm sure it's that much better in person.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as my STi sells I'm buying an Evo X asap. I don't want with modifications because I want to start fresh and do that myself. You can't have an Evo without Recaro seats.

If you think chances are slim, where do you guys recommend I look or go to buy the ones that come in the previous X models? I would like for those to be as new as possible. Thanks for any help.
I have a suede set that is in like new condition. I got them for my IX, however it doesn't make sense to cut them up when there are '15s out there that need them.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

@PreskitVR4 I will for sure ask you if you still have them if I end up purchasing a 15 model.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

@PreskitVR4 I will for sure ask you if you still have them if I end up purchasing a 15 model.
Something else you may want to consider....

I would make sure that swapping seats wouldn't affect the SRS. I know for some vehicles the SRS module attached to the seat can be coded to the car for proper operation, but i'm not sure in this case (I have yet to come across a thread where someone has successfully accomplished this in a '15)

IF SRS is rendered nonfunctional by a seat swap that will totally **** your warranty and insurance coverage.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Something else you may want to consider....

I would make sure that swapping seats wouldn't affect the SRS. I know for some vehicles the SRS module attached to the seat can be coded to the car for proper operation, but i'm not sure in this case (I have yet to come across a thread where someone has successfully accomplished this in a '15)

IF SRS is rendered nonfunctional by a seat swap that will totally **** your warranty and insurance coverage.
Oh man! I totally didn't think of that. Well banana, hmmm. I'll cross my fingers and I can find a 14 with low miles and stock. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 04:09 PM

I wonder why the new mustang can have Recaros but the Evo cant?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Berns82
Holy crap! That's so true
Old Apr 29, 2015, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Berns82
Holy crap! That's so true
The '15 EVO could have had Recaros, but safety regs changed for the 2015 model year and the EVO recaros needed to be redesigned to meet the new standards.

So instead of paying for a redesign on a model that is being discontinued, mitsu just threw some lancer seats in there. Enjoy.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 07:57 PM

The '15 EVO could have had Recaros, but safety regs changed for the 2015 model year and the EVO recaros needed to be redesigned to meet the new standards.

So instead of paying for a redesign on a model that is being discontinued, mitsu just threw some lancer seats in there. Enjoy.
Canadian thing??? All of the 15s up here have them...

Just did my research, yup... Canadian thing.

I would say buy one up here and bring it down but for the taxes and whatnot you'd be cheaper to buy a set of seats. As for the srs, no clue...

What's the specific issue with it in the states that they couldn't have them? You guys got the last two generations of evos when we couldn't have them for safety yet suddenly we're the ones with the lower safety standards?

Works for me I guess. That sucks bro... If it doesn't mess with the airbags I would highly recommend buying a set, not to rub it in but they're awesome seats.

Last edited by Roxma; Apr 29, 2015 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old Apr 30, 2015, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Roxma
Canadian thing??? All of the 15s up here have them...
Please post some pictures for us to drool.

Quick Reply: Getting Recaros for the 15